Discover 4 splendid benefits of facial treatments, why it’s important, and what to expect
Over the years, there has been a lot of emphasis on adopting a good skin care regimen to get flawless skin. The general consensus is that good skincare is far more rewarding than investing in cosmetics and makeup. Facials have been the gold standard of skincare routine. They provide nutrition and relaxation to the face and remove dirt, impurities, and other toxins. Getting good quality and customized facials regularly can result in visible improvements to the skin, tone, texture, and appearance of the skin.
In this article, let us explore the multiple benefits of regular facials for the skin.
1. Act As Stress Busters
- A well-done facial acts as a stress buster and relieves the body from stress and tension. The reason being that multiple pressure points are present across the human face. When these pressure points are massaged and stimulated during a facial, the brain releases feel-good hormones and our body relaxes automatically.
Hence, the massage not only results in healthy and flushed skin but also relieves the body from stress. Our muscles loosen up and we let go of the preoccupying thoughts, even if it’s for a little while. No wonder a professional facial brings a smile and glow to our face.
2. Cleanse Your Skin
- Facial skin is one of the most exposed parts of our body. Sunlight, harsh white lights, dust, and debris are common enemies of the skin. Over time, our skin can become clogged due to the accumulation of dust and leftover makeup that is not removed entirely. Drugstore-bought cleansers cannot remove these impurities 100%.
One of the important benefits of facials is that it cleanses your skin from all impurities. Most facials incorporate steaming, cleansing, and scrubbing which give your face a thorough cleanse. Cleaner skin glows differently.
3. Slows Down Aging
- It is no secret that aging takes a toll on the skin. The appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, loosening, and sagging of skin are some of the most prominent signs of aging. Regular facials can slow down these signs of aging and maintain the youthful appearance of the skin for a long time.
When our skin is massaged during a facial, it increases blood circulation. As a result, more nutrients and antioxidants are delivered to the skin. Facial massage also increases the production of collagen which is the primary component for giving skin its youthful appearance. Facials that incorporate organic components deliver the best anti-aging results.
4. Reduce The Appearance of Acne Marks and Scars
- Acne is a common skin condition that is characterized by the appearance of pimples. For more severe acne, the skin tissues get damaged and a deep pit appears after the pimple has dried up. These indentations are known as acne scars. Less severe acne leaves behind acne marks which are characterized by the appearance of reddish-brown spots.
Facials are effective in the quick healing of both these conditions. During facials, estheticians use exfoliating agents such as salicylic acid or glycolic acid. These acids increase collagen production and shed off the top layer of the skin, revealing much smoother skin that has a reduced appearance of acne marks and blemishes.
To derive maximum benefits from a facial, it is important to consult a skilled esthetician who will understand your skin’s needs and use products and techniques accordingly. For a highly effective customized facial, contact Alladerm. Our highly trained staff is capable of addressing virtually all skin conditions with a customized approach to achieve your ideal look. Call us at 949-916-7166. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA.