Daxxify Orange County
Experience the new revolutionary neuromodulator!
Daxxify is the first and only peptide-powered, FDA-approved frown line treatment with a median duration of 6 months and up to 9 months for some patients.
Neuromodulators like Botox, Daxxify, Dysport, Jeuveau, and Xeomin are great at addressing these wrinkles and are used to prevent the formation of deep wrinkles.
What is Daxxify?
Daxxify (daxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm) is a substance derived from botulinum toxin type A that works by blocking nerve impulses to muscles to weaken or paralyze muscles.
Daxxify is manufactured by Revance Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on innovative aesthetic and therapeutic offerings, and was approved in September 2022.
The U.S. approval of Daxxify was based on data that included more than 2,700 patients and approximately 4,200 treatments.
The approved label includes 36-week efficacy, positioning Daxxify as the first and only long-acting neuromodulator that demonstrates a median duration of six months and up to nine months for some patients.
Daxxify, powered by Peptide Exchange Technology, is the first true innovation in neuromodulator product formulation in over 30 years.
Treatment takes about 10 minutes. The treatment is performed using tiny needles so there is minimal discomfort and hardly any downtime. Results can be seen within 24-48 hrs but generally take 7-14 days for full effect. Results generally last 6-9 months, however, results may vary.
Before / After
There are many indications or benefits of Neuromodulators.
- Smoothen or soften glabellar lines (frown lines), lateral canthal lines (crow’s feet), forehead lines
- Performing a brow lift or concerns around the eyes such as droopy eyelids, lazy eye, and/or rapid eye blinking
- Smoother nasal lines (bunny lines)
- Reducing the appearance of nasolabial folds (smile or laugh lines) and marionette lines
- Performing a lip flip to make lips more prominent
- Reducing the appearance of lines around the lips (lip lines, smoker lines)
- Reduce the chin orange peel (peau d’orange) by injecting into the chin to reduce the dimpling and wrinkling
- Reduces the appearance of neck bands and neck creases
- Jaw reduction (face slimming) by injecting Botox into the masseter muscles
- Reduction of trapezius muscles to contour shoulders for enhanced aesthetic effect
- Reduction of triceps muscles to slim arms for enhanced aesthetic effect
- Reduction of calf muscles to slim legs for enhanced aesthetic effect
- Treating gummy smile (excessive gingival display) caused due to a hyperactive upper lip
- Treating hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) most commonly underarms and/or hands
- Treating chronic migraine headaches
- Treating temporal-mandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, a condition that causes pain in the jaw
- Treating cervical dystonia or neck and back spasms
- Treats chronic drooling (sialorrhea)
What was the U.S. approval of DAXXIFY was based on?
The U.S. approval of DAXXIFY was based on data which included more than 2,700 patients and approximately 4,200 treatments.
In the pivotal trials:
• 74% of subjects achieved a > two-grade improvement in glabellar lines at week 4 per both investigator and patient assessment
• 88% achieved > two-grade improvement at week 4 per investigator assessment
• 98% of subjects achieved none or mild wrinkle severity at week 4 per investigator assessment
• 6-month median duration
• Some patients maintained treatment results at 9 months
• Results seen as early as one day after treatment, typically seen within two days
How much Daxxify do I need compared to Botox?
Based on the unit measurement commonly used for other neurmodulators like Botox, you should expect to double the units. For instance if you commonly get 20 units of Botox this would be be equivalent to 40 units of Daxxify.
When will Daxxify be offered?
We are excited to be partnered with Revance Therapeutics and we are expected to get early access and be one of the first Medical Spas in the area to offer Daxxify. We are expecting to be offering Daxxify at the end of March or early April 2023. If you want to be one of first to experience Daxxify and take advantage of our Launch offer please submit your information using our form below so we can contact as Daxxify becomes available.
Get a limited time
$75 OFF Voucher*
*Minimum Purchase Required
Not to be combined with other offers
Valid thru 4/30/2023
Neuromodulator Pre & Post Care Instructions
- Plan this treatment at least 2 weeks before any important event to allow adequate time for possible swelling and bruising to subside.
- Medications or supplements that may increase your risk of bleeding should be avoided 3-7 days before treatment. These include, but are not limited to, anticoagulant medication, antiplatelet medication, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil, flax seed, garlic, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, omega 3 fatty acids, St. John’s Wort, and vitamin A or E. You should consult with your physician before discontinuing anything prescribed or recommended by your physician.
- Stop drinking alcohol 1-2 days prior to injections.
- Consider taking Arnica the day of treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores of Herpes Simplex Virus, you may be recommended to take an antiviral medication before treatment.
- Eat a meal or light snack prior to treatment. Notify the clinician if you have a needle phobia, prior to treatment. This allows the clinician to take the appropriate precautions to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
- For the first 6 hours following treatment, remain upright and periodically perform facial movements in the areas of injections in order to work the neuromodulator into the muscle.
- Do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise or straining for 2-3 hours. It takes approximately 2-3 hours for the neuro to bind to the nerve and you do not want to increase circulation during that time.
- Do not rub, touch, or manipulate the treatment area for 6 hours.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following treatment.
- Make-up may be applied gently before leaving the office, remember to wipe up and away from your eyes or brows.
- Bruising in the area injected is normal and often expected, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to several weeks. Arnica may help diminish bruising.
- It may take up to 12 days for the full effect of the treatment.
- A follow-up visit at 10 – 14 days is suggested to assess results for subsequent treatments, particularly if you are a first time client. If full correction is not achieved, you may need to purchase additional units of the neuromodulator.
- If your upper lip was treated you will not be able to drink through a straw, whistle, or enunciate some words for approximately 2 weeks.
- Although rare, infection in the injected area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary.
- Re-treatment is typically needed between 2-6 months.
- Regular injections usually yield longer lasting results.
- Optimal results are generally achieved with patients who continue treatments routinely.
- Contact the office or seek medical attention if any concerning or unusual side effect occurs.
Book your appointment today and get ready for a wrinkle-free skin!