Learn some facts about kybella treatment before you opt for one
Accumulation of excess fat in the area under the chin results in the development of the double chin. Factors such as fluctuations in weight, aging, and family history of sagging can result in the deposition of submental fat over time. Kybella is a quick procedure that can be used for the treatment of double chin. Here is all you need to know about kybella.
Kybella Is An Injectable Treatment
- Kybella is a non-surgical procedure approved by the FDA for the treatment of subcutaneous fat under the chin. It is an injectable treatment in which a naturally occurring substance called deoxycholic acid is used. Kybella is the synthetic form of deoxycholic acid that aids in the breakdown of fat cells in the submental region.
The area underneath the chin is referred to as the submental region. Treatment with kybella has shown excellent results in improving the appearance and profile of moderate to severe submental fat. Kybella effectively dissolves fat not only under the chin but also in the jawline, legs, arms, and abdominal region.
It Is Non-Surgical
- Double chin or submental fat can develop due to several reasons and affects both men and women. But, most of us do not always have the time and money to undergo extensive plastic surgery. With kybella, you do not require any surgery or incisions. It is a quick procedure with little to no downtime.
Patients can resume their routine almost immediately following the procedure. Tiny needles are used to inject small amounts of kybella over the targeted area. The patients might observe mild swelling for a few days. Some individuals may require additional sessions for long-lasting results.
Treatment Takes 20 Minutes
- The process is completed within a duration of 15 to 20 minutes. Before starting treatment, the area under the chin is examined by the healthcare specialist to determine if kybella is suitable for the patient. Multiple small injections are administered underneath the chin in each treatment.
The number of injections required depends on:
- The amount of fat in the submental region
- The desired profile of the patient
Treatment is performed by a healthcare specialist trained to administer kybella. It is tailored according to the needs and the aesthetic goals of the patient.
Deoxycholic Acid Destroys Fat Cells.
- Synthetic deoxycholic acid is the active ingredient in kybella. Deoxycholic acid is naturally present in the body. It plays an important role in the digestion and absorption of dietary fat. This phenomenon of fat breakdown is utilized in kybella treatment. When synthetic deoxycholic acid is injected into the fat beneath the chin, it starts destroying the fat cells.
A noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin can be seen within a few weeks of the treatment. When the fat cells are destroyed, fat will no longer be stored in the submental region. This eliminates the need for further treatments, once the desired results are achieved.
The Injections Are Tolerable
- Getting an injection under your chin may not seem easy. However, injections are tolerated quite well by most patients. Before starting the treatment, a numbing agent is usually applied to the skin to help patients remain comfortable. The mild swelling that peaks about 24 hours after the treatment can be minimized by applying an ice pack.
Swelling can resolve within a couple of days by applying an ice pack to the affected area for about 10 minutes at a time. Due to its less downtime, patients can go about their routine whenever they want.
If you want a more defined jawline or want to get rid of a double chin, book a kybella appointment with Alladerm. To learn more about Kybella or to explore other options call us at 949 916 7166. We are operating in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.