Table of Contents
Dermatologists near you reveal the 3 most effective ways to get rid of double chin
Double chin is a common condition that is characterized by the appearance of a layer of fat formed under the chin. Genetics, age, weight gain, and bad posture are the major contributing factors of a double chin. Since the exact cause of double chin cannot be determined, a combination of targeted exercises and weight loss through diet control are the recommended ways to get rid of it. Along with that, cosmetic treatments such as Kybella are a fast and safe way to remove the double chin.
Let’s take a look at all these options for getting rid of a double chin.
Targeted Exercises for Double Chin
- Anecdotal evidence indicates that these exercises can help get rid of a double chin. The following exercises strengthen and tone the muscles that surround the double chin. These easy-to-do exercises give desired results when performed consistently.
1. Straight Jaw Jut
This exercise comprises of the following steps:
- Move your head back and gaze straight up at the ceiling
- Lift your lower jaw forward as much as possible. You should feel a stretch under the chin.
- Hold this position for a count of 10. Relax and tilt your head forward to a neutral position.
2. Ball Exercise
This is a fun exercise that will take 10-15 minutes of your time.
- Take a soft 9-inch diameter ball and place it under your chin.
- Lower down your chin to apply pressure on the ball.
- Perform this exercise 20-25 times during the day.
3. Pucker up
This exercise involves the use of lips to form a stretch along the jawline.
- Tilt your head back and gaze at the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips in a way that you are kissing the ceiling. This will cause a stretch to your chin.
- Hold this position for the count for 10 and then bring your head back to normal position.
Along with these targeted exercises, performing High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and cardiovascular exercises can help you achieve your goal weight.
Losing Weight Through Dietary Restrictions
In most cases, the accumulation of fat contributes to the development of a double chin. A combination of dietary restrictions and targeted exercises can help reduce submental fat and result in a chiseled jawline. The following dietary restrictions are helpful in losing excessive weight in a healthy manner:
- Take a break from eating processed food
- Instead of refined grains, eat whole grains
- Eat 3-4 servings of vegetables and fruits every day
- Eat more lean meat such as poultry and fish
- Switch to healthier sources of fat such as olive oil, nuts, and avocados
- Reduce sugar intake and consume low-fat dairy products
- Abstain from eating fried foods till you reach your ideal weight
Removing Double Chin Through Kybella
- If weight gain is not the cause of double chin, then diet control and targeted exercises will not help get rid of it. In such circumstances, undergoing a cosmetic procedure to remove the double chin permanently is the best, safest, and most effective option available. Kybella is an FDA-approved non-surgical, injectable cosmetic procedure that dissolves submental or subcutaneous fat and helps get rid of double chin permanently.
To do so, it uses a chemical called Deoxycholic acid which is a metabolic byproduct of intestinal bacteria. Deoxycholic acid dissolves the subcutaneous fat that is responsible for the appearance of a double chin and increases the production of collagen. Hence, with Kybella, you can achieve a slim neckline and chiseled jawline permanently.
For more information on Kybella, contact Alladerm. We are located in Aliso Viejo, California. Call us at 949-916-7166.