A dermatologist close to you has revealed the definitive guide to radiesse filler
Radiesse is one of the most popular dermal fillers that can transform the look of your face. It fills in wrinkles and adds volume in the areas where needed. This FDA-approved injectable plumps your skin and smooths wrinkles wherever you desire. Before scheduling an appointment, keep reading to find out everything you need to know.
What Is Radiesse?
- Radiesse is an FDA-approved dermal filler used to treat wrinkles and areas of folded skin. Radiesse stimulates the production of naturally occurring collagen in the skin. It helps fill in wrinkles on the face and aids your skin in developing new collagen. The primary purpose of Radiesse filler is to treat folds around the mouth and nose.
The filler is made of hydroxyapatite gel microspheres. The gel elements form a structure that mimics connective tissue. This gives a firmer appearance to the skin and treats aging skin. It replaces volume loss in the jawline, cheekbones, and chin areas.
Procedure For Radiesse Filler
- The doctor begins the procedure by administering local anesthesia. Patients may experience mild discomfort or pain with each injection. For this reason, lidocaine, an anesthetic agent, is combined with Radiesse injections to ease any discomfort you may feel during the procedure. An antiseptic is usually applied to the area where you need to receive the injection.
The dosage for each injection and area is determined. The whole procedure takes about 15 minutes to complete. But the duration of the process depends on the number of injections you need. Patients can go home immediately after receiving the infusion without requiring recovery.
- Radiesse injections are commonly received in areas of the face where the skin is wrinkled or folded, including the nose and mouth. It can also be used to treat laugh lines to restore the skin’s youthful appearance. In addition, Radiesse filler is sometimes used to fill in deep scars. People who lose fat in certain areas of their skin or hands can also receive a Radiesse injection as it restores the lost volume.
What To Expect From The Treatment
- Although you may get immediate results in the treated skin, swelling is expected, and the final results typically take up to 2 weeks. Swelling is not severe and goes down in less than 36 hours. The results usually last up to 1 year. Radiesse is not a permanent treatment; maintenance injections may be required every two years.
Patients can return to their regular routine immediately after the treatment. However, it is advisable to avoid strenuous activities for a few days. Moreover, patients must avoid exposure to direct sun for at least 24 hours or until the redness disappears.
Preparing For Radiesse
- Before receiving a Radiesse injection, inform your doctor about any medications that you are taking. Blood thinners, warfarin, or aspirin, can lead to excessive bleeding or bruising at the treatment site. In addition, let your doctor know if you have any disabilities, diseases, injuries, or if your skin tends to scar badly.
Benefits Of Radiesse Filler
- It can be used to reduce the appearance of nasolabial folds (smile lines), marionette lines, dark circles, eye bags), frown lines, acne scars, and trauma scars.
- Radiesse filler enhances and contours cheeks, jawline, chin, forehead, and nose.
- This injectable restores lost volume and enhance facial features.
- It reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds.
- Radiesse decreases the appearance of jowls and restores volume loss in hands.
- It is a minimally invasive treatment that uses tiny needles to stimulate collagen production.
- Patients experience minimal discomfort.
- The treatment offers quick results that can last up to 1 year.
To get the best results, you should contact the experienced estheticians at Alladerm. We offer multiple customized dermal fillers for all your dermal issues. For more information, call us at 949-916-7166. We provide services in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.