Table of Contents
Which one is better, Jeuveau vs Botox? What are the differences and similarities
Botox and Jeuveau, are the neuromodulators that have brought a revolution in the world of cosmetics. These chemicals work by affecting the signals between neurons. They are well-known for their ability to treat wrinkles and fine lines when injected in controlled amounts. Here are some similarities and differences between the two neuromodulators.
- When it first got to the stores Jeuveau was thought to be cheaper than Botox. But Botox and Jeuveau cost about the same, especially when used for the same areas. However, a few exceptions such as promotional offers sometimes differentiate the cost of the two injectables.
In instances where patients respond well to small amounts of Jeuveau, less product is used. But overall the price and results of the two treatments are similar to each other. They are sometimes used interchangeably because of their similar efficacy and results.
- Botox and Jeuveau are FDA-approved neuromodulators that have some similar applications. Made from Botulinum toxin type A, they are particularly useful in delaying the signs of aging. Both the neurotoxins are originally obtained in a dry form which requires dilution before treatment.
Their manufacturing and processing somewhat differ according to different manufacturers. This gives rise to minor differences in results, thereby, making Jeuveau more effective for some patients while Botox for others.
Safety Of The Neurotoxins
- Botulinum toxin type A has been safely used for aesthetic enhancement for the past 3 decades. Jeuveau on the other hand is a particularly new neuromodulator in the market. But both neurotoxins have received FDA approval for their safety and efficacy in the treatment of frown lines and wrinkles.
Their safety has been approved by FDA after large-scale clinical trials. Therefore, both products give excellent results and can be safely used for certain cosmetic procedures.
Effectiveness Of The Treatment
- The FDA-approved list of concerns that can be treated by Botox is longer as compared to Jeuveau. Botox was initially composed to treat certain muscle disorders involving eyelids. It has been around for 30 years and is effectively being used in therapies and cosmetic procedures.
The FDA-approved list of conditions that can be treated by Botox includes:
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet
- Excessive sweating
However, Jeuveau was specifically formulated for use in aesthetic treatments. So far it has only been approved by FDA for the treatment of glabellar lines also known as frown lines.
- When it comes to treating frown lines, the results of both treatments are pretty much similar. People who have received Botox injections for frown lines should expect the same results with Jeuveau. Both products work by affecting muscle contractions in the targeted areas. This results in the reduction in wrinkles and frown lines by relaxing the muscles.
The treatment usually ends in 15 minutes but results last for several months. When Botox and Jeuveau are used for treating expression lines, the results take a few days to appear and last for about 3 to 4 months on average.
How To Choose The Right Treatment?
- As both Botox and Jeuveau are highly similar products, choosing the right treatment requires professional help. A cosmetic specialist will recommend a product after assessing your specific needs, concerns, and aesthetic goals. If botox has become less effective for a patient, Jeuveau can be used interchangeably for the best results
To learn more about Botox and Jeuveau or to book your appointments, call us at 949-916-7166. Alladerm provides multiple cosmetic procedures Botox is one of them. We are operating in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.