Jeuveau Orange County
The newest alternative to Botox #NewTox
What is Jeuveau?
Jeuveau (prabotulimumA) is the latest addition to the FDA approved botulinum type A-based injectables formulated to treat facial wrinkles. Jeuveau works by blocking nerve signals to muscles subsequently causing a paralytic effect on the muscles and thereby reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
This alternative to Botox sometimes known as #NewTox gained FDA approval in 2019 to treat moderate to severe frown lines and glabellar lines. Jeuveau is manufactured by Evolus, which uses Hi-Pure technology, a technology ensuring a pure and safe product. Jeuveau easily spreads into the treatment area, giving you a smoother, more natural appearance.
Treatment takes about 10 minutes. The treatment is performed using tiny needles so there is minimal discomfort and hardly any downtime. Results can be seen within 24-48 hrs but generally take 7-14 days for full effect. Results generally last 3-4 months, however, results may vary.
Before / After
There are many indications or benefits of Neuromodulators.
- Smoothen or soften glabellar lines (frown lines), lateral canthal lines (crow’s feet), forehead lines
- Performing a brow lift or concerns around the eyes such as droopy eyelids, lazy eye, and/or rapid eye blinking
- Smoother nasal lines (bunny lines)
- Reducing the appearance of nasolabial folds (smile or laugh lines) and marionette lines
- Performing a lip flip to make lips more prominent
- Reducing the appearance of lines around the lips (lip lines, smoker lines)
- Reduce the chin orange peel (peau d’orange) by injecting into the chin to reduce the dimpling and wrinkling
- Reduces the appearance of neck bands and neck creases
- Jaw reduction (face slimming) by injecting Jeuveau into the masseter muscles
- Reduction of trapezius muscles to contour shoulders for enhanced aesthetic effect
- Reduction of triceps muscles to slim arms for enhanced aesthetic effect
- Reduction of calf muscles to slim legs for enhanced aesthetic effect
- Treating gummy smile (excessive gingival display) caused due to a hyperactive upper lip
- Treating hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) most commonly underarms and/or hands
- Treating chronic migraine headaches
- Treating temporal-mandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, a condition that causes pain in the jaw
- Treating cervical dystonia or neck and back spasms
- Treats chronic drooling (sialorrhea)
Neuromodulator Pre & Post Care Instructions
- Plan this treatment at least 2 weeks before any important event to allow adequate time for possible swelling and bruising to subside.
- Medications or supplements that may increase your risk of bleeding should be avoided 3-7 days before treatment. These include, but are not limited to, anticoagulant medication, antiplatelet medication, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil, flax seed, garlic, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, omega 3 fatty acids, St. John’s Wort, and vitamin A or E. You should consult with your physician before discontinuing anything prescribed or recommended by your physician.
- Stop drinking alcohol 1-2 days prior to injections.
- Consider taking Arnica the day of treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores of Herpes Simplex Virus, you may be recommended to take an antiviral medication before treatment.
- Eat a meal or light snack prior to treatment. Notify the clinician if you have a needle phobia, prior to treatment. This allows the clinician to take the appropriate precautions to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
- For the first 6 hours following treatment, remain upright and periodically perform facial movements in the areas of injections in order to work the neuromodulator into the muscle.
- Do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise or straining for 2-3 hours. It takes approximately 2-3 hours for the neuro to bind to the nerve and you do not want to increase circulation during that time.
- Do not rub, touch, or manipulate the treatment area for 6 hours.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following treatment.
- Make-up may be applied gently before leaving the office, remember to wipe up and away from your eyes or brows.
- Bruising in the area injected is normal and often expected, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to several weeks. Arnica may help diminish bruising.
- It may take up to 12 days for the full effect of the treatment.
- A follow-up visit at 10 – 14 days is suggested to assess results for subsequent treatments, particularly if you are a first time client. If full correction is not achieved, you may need to purchase additional units of the neuromodulator.
- If your upper lip was treated you will not be able to drink through a straw, whistle, or enunciate some words for approximately 2 weeks.
- Although rare, infection in the injected area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary.
- Re-treatment is typically needed between 2-6 months.
- Regular injections usually yield longer lasting results.
- Optimal results are generally achieved with patients who continue treatments routinely.
- Contact the office or seek medical attention if any concerning or unusual side effect occurs.
Book your appointment today and get ready for a wrinkle-free skin!