Kybella Orange County
Get rid of a double chin or turkey neck with Kybella
What is Kybella?
Kybella (deoxycholic acid) is a non-surgical, injectable treatment that is FDA approved to treat submental fullness or the subcutaneous fat under the chin commonly known as double chin or turkey neck. It was first approved by the FDA in 2015 and was originally manufactured by Kythera Biopharmaceuticals. However, today it is produced by Allergan, the makers of Botox.
The main substance in Kybella, deoxycholic acid, is a naturally occurring substance that aids in breaking down fat cell membranes. Kybella is a synthetic version of this acid. When injected in areas with subcutaneous fat, it assists in breaking down the fat cells which will then naturally leave the body. Other than dissolving fat under the chin, Kybella has been used to treat jawline (jowls), abdomen, arms, back, legs and other areas.
Kybella treatments take about 20 minutes. The treatment is performed by using tiny needles to inject small amounts of Kybella over the treatment area. The results are usually seen after two weeks and are noted to be long-lasting. For best results, most people will require additional sessions spaced out approximately 4-6 weeks.
Before / After
- Reduces submental fat (under chin fat, double chin, turkey neck)
- Reduces jowl fat
- Reduces fat in other parts of the body (abdomen, arms, back, legs)
- Minimally invasive with the use of tiny needles
- Minimal discomfort the with use of a local anesthetic
- Results in 2 weeks and are long-lasting
Kybella Pre & Post Care Instructions
- Plan your procedure so that you can have 4 full days before returning to work or important social engagements.
- You may not be treated if you are pregnant or nursing, have difficulty swallowing nerve injury or weakness in the lower face, or an infection in the area. Inform your medical provider if you are on blood thinners, or have had procedures or surgery of your lower face or neck.
- Medications or supplements that may increase your risk of bleeding should be avoided 3-7 days before treatment. These include, but are not limited to, anticoagulant medication, antiplatelet medication, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil, flaxseed, garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, omega 3 fatty acids, St. John’s Wort, and vitamin A or E. You should consult with your physician before discontinuing anything prescribed or recommended by your physician.
- Stop drinking alcohol 1-2 days before injections.
- Consider taking Arnica the day of treatment.
- To limit possible discomfort, you may take acetaminophen one hour before your scheduled appointment.
- Have acetaminophen and an antihistamine available at home for discomfort and itching that may result from the treatment.
- After your treatment, you should expect swelling and redness. You may also experience bruising, pain, numbness, and induration. This will normally last less than 5 days, and for some patients may last up to 14 days. If the symptoms continue beyond 10 days or if other reactions occur, please contact the office.
- You may elect to ice the area post-treatment but must do so very carefully. Use an ice pack with the fabric side against the skin, or wrap a soft plastic ice pack in a wet thin towel. Apply the ice pack approximately 15 seconds on, and 15 seconds off. Icing too vigorously can cause frostbite and scarring. You may apply a cold compress to the area for 20 minutes per hour, and you may do this hourly for up to 3 days.
- Do not participate in strenuous activity for 3 days following treatment
- Sleep with your head elevated on at least 2 and preferably 3 pillows.
- Do not scratch, pick, or traumatize the area in any way. Do not massage or manipulate the injection site.
- You may apply your normal skincare regimen and sunscreen normally.
- Call the office if you have any difficulty swallowing, crusting, scabbing, asymmetry of your smile, any concerning symptom, or any other unusual symptom occurs.
Book a Kybella appointment with us and we will ensure you have a great experience with the results you are looking for!