Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Orange County
Get rid of unwanted hair with Laser Hair Removal!
Excessive hair growth is a significant concern for many people. There are many options to remove unwanted hair such as plucking, waxing, shaving, chemical depilatories, laser treatment, IPL, and electrolysis. If you are looking for a quick long-term solution that is cost effective Laser Hair Removal may be the right choice for you.
Plucking is an option for temporarily (6 weeks) removing small amounts of hair. Waxing also produces temporary (6 weeks) hair removal but may be a better option to quickly remove more hair. Chemical depilatories are a painless way to remove unwanted hair but may cause skin irritation. Shaving is generally a safe way to remove unwanted hair but generally must be repeated frequently and may cause skin irritation. Laser therapy and intense pulsed light also are used to remove hair. They both produce longer lasting results when compared to plucking, waxing, or chemical depilatories but generally require multiple treatments and do not always result in complete permanent hair removal. Electrolysis may result in permanent hair removal but is generally a slow and uncomfortable option that can cause scarring.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is an aesthetic treatment that uses a laser beam to target pigment (melanin) in the hair follicle. Absorbing the laser energy damages the hair follicle which prevents or delays hair from growing. The first laser designed to destroy hair follicles was invented in 1960 by Theodore H Maiman. The YAG laser was the first laser approved by the FDA for hair removal in 1964.
Cutera XEO laser treatment uses truPulse technology to deliver consistent and quality results. This treatment is an excellent choice for hair removal because the laser beam can get rid of a broad strip of hair at once, leaving you with smooth skin and restored confidence.
Depending on the treatment area, the hair removal session can last from about 10 min to over an hour. Multiple treatments are spaced at 4-6 weeks for optimum results.
Before / After
Laser Hair Removal Benefits:
- Long-term cost reduction as compared to other common treatment options such as waxing
- Longer lasting results as compared to plucking, waxing, or chemical depilatories
- Helps to reduce ingrown hairs
- Keeps your skin soft
- Safely removes hair from from almost all parts of the body
Laser Hair Removal Price/Cost per Area:
- The prices listed below are grouped by area size.
- Due to many factors just as gender and height we have created this price list to serve as a guide to estimate the cost per area.
- The price per area may be less or more based on the time it requires to treat the area.
- Please note that there is a minimum charge of $75 per treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Pre & Post Care Instructions
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved. Shave 24-48 hours scheduled appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for 4 weeks prior to treatment and use a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVA and UVB rays.
- Avoid self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Consult with your physician if you have been on photosensitizing medication within the last 12 months.
- Avoid chemical peels and other laser treatments in the area to be treated for 2 weeks prior to your laser treatment.
- Avoid skin irritants (products containing hydroxy acids, hydroquinone, retinoids, vitamin c, etc.) 3 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, and use of chemical depilatories 1-2 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores of Herpes Simplex Virus, you may be recommended to take an antiviral medication before treatment.
- Notify the office staff if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 week after treatment and use a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVA and UVB rays.
- Avoid self-tanners 2 weeks after treatment.
- Bruising, redness, and swelling may occur and resolve with time.
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs, and strenuous activities for 1-2 days.
- Avoid skin irritants (products containing hydroxy acids, hydroquinone, retinoids, vitamin c, etc.) a few days post-treatment.
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, and use of chemical depilatories 1-2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid chemical peels and other laser treatments in the treated area for 2 weeks after your laser treatment.
- Optimal results are generally achieved with patients who continue treatments routinely.
- Contact the office or seek medical attention if any concerning or unusual side effect occurs.