Table of Contents
Find out what mint pdo is and how it might benefit your skin
Minimally invasive nonsurgical thread, or MINT, is your go-to solution to fight signs of aging. It delivers promising results without requiring invasive surgery. MINT is the FDA-approved procedure that makes your skin look refreshed and rejuvenated in no time. So let’s dig deeper to understand MINT and its benefits for your skin.
What Is MINT?
- MINT is an FDA-approved device that has dual FDA clearance. It is approved for skin approximation and also for nasolabial fold depth reduction. An innovative patented technology is used to manufacture MINT PDO threads in which barbs are press-molded on the thread’s surface in a spiral pattern at 360 degrees. These threads have the highest tensile strength and are popular in the US market for their ability to anchor onto sagging tissue.
It is an absorbable thread that helps approximate and fixate sagging skin. Since the thread is made of a complex sugar polydioxanone, hence the name PDO. It is a safe material used in various orthopedic and cardiovascular surgeries for over three decades. PDO threads result in instant and natural rejuvenation, making you look younger than your age.
What Is MINT PDO Used For?
- MINT gives immediate results, and the treatment involves minimal to zero pain. However, results may vary from individual to individual.
The typical results achieved with MINT PDO are:
- Higher cheekbones
- Defined jawline
- Cat eye contour
- Softer smile lines and eyebrows
- Smoother necklines or wrinkles
In addition, MINT does not require general anesthesia or extensive incisions, and the procedure is minimally invasive. The tiny barbs strategically molded all over the thread anchor are absorbed into the sagging tissue once placed into the skin. Furthermore, the thread can be maneuvered to achieve a natural and youthful look. In addition to improving the appearance of sagged skin, PDO thread also stimulates collagen production and neovascularization. This helps improve the skin’s texture, fine lines, and elasticity and gives volume to your skin for timeless rejuvenation.
Length Of The Treatment
- The procedure takes anywhere between 45 to 90 minutes to complete. However, patients are advised to consult with their ethicians one day before the procedure to discuss the goals of the treatment.
Mild swelling or bruising may be expected after the treatment, which lasts for a few days to a few weeks. In addition, the sites where threads are inserted may be tender, and the skin may feel tight initially. All of these issues resolve within two weeks.
Benefits Of MINT PDO Thread Lift
The treatment provides the following incredible benefits:
- The safety and effectiveness of this anti-aging treatment are unparallel. PDO threads are completely safe and non-toxic. They have been used to suture incisions and treat and close wounds for decades.
- Since PDO threads are available in all shapes and sizes, treatment can be customized to suit the patient’s skin type, condition, and aesthetic goals.
- You will notice skin tightening effects immediately after the treatment, and the results continue to improve. The wrinkles and lines will fill out in a couple of months.
Offers Immediate Results
- Once the thread has been inserted, results can be immediately seen. The results improve over the next three to six months. However, within the next four weeks, noticeable effects can be seen. The MINT PDO thread gradually degrades. It takes about six to nine months for the complete absorption of the thread. The results last for 12 months to two years.
- PDO thread lift is a non-invasive procedure. Unlike a traditional facelift, there will be no swelling, redness, or irritation after the treatment. In addition, the patients can walk out of the clinic as soon as the procedure is finished.
Alladerm offers PDO Thread Lift, Botox, Chemical peeling, Photofacial, and other cosmetic procedures. For more information, call us at 949-916-7166. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA.