Table of Contents
Here we expose 5 baseless myths about botox injections
Botox is a popular anti-aging treatment that uses a neurotoxin protein to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, laugh lines, and crow’s feet. The neurotoxin is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum and is administered through injections. According to estimates, over 7 million American citizens use botox injections to get a more youthful and wrinkle-free appearance.
Over the years, some baseless myths have been associated with this popular and effective procedure. In this article, we debunk 5 of these myths and rumors.
It Gives Instant Results
- Due to the lack of first-hand experience, many people assume that botox gives instant i.e. the wrinkles disappear right after getting the first dose of the injection. This is not true. The neurotoxin takes 3-5 days to work its way into the skin and starts inhibiting the movement of the skin in areas where wrinkles usually appear. More prominent results of the treatment begin to appear after 7-10 days.
Expecting instant results causes uncalled-for disappointment.
The Results Are Permanent
- Another widespread misconception is about the longevity of the results. Many people don’t understand the working of botox injectables and assume that it gives lifelong results. However, the neuromodulator starts to break down and gradually dissolves in the skin 3-6 months after the treatment. The wrinkles and fine lines reappear gradually. Botox requires periodic touchups and insertions.
Only Women Can Benefit From Botox
- It is true that conventionally the cosmetic beauty industry has revolved around women only. However, botox is a gender-neutral treatment that both genders can take advantage of. Our skins function in the same way and with time, both men and women develop wrinkles. Botox works just as effectively for men as it does for women. More men are now receiving botox treatment for the removal of wrinkles and fine lines.
The procedure is the same but men usually require a higher dose of the injectable because of their stronger facial muscles. Botox helps fade wrinkles and gives men a softer, younger, and friendlier look.
Botox Is Unsafe to Use and Gives an Artificial and Frozen Appearance
- Many people refrain from getting botox because of the assumption that it gives you a frozen look. It is true that Botox works by limiting the movement of certain facial muscles. However, you can get perfectly natural-looking results from botox if it is administered correctly. An experienced esthetician knows which points of the face should be injected with botox to get the best and most natural-looking results.
Another misconception about Botox is about the safety of its use. Because it is a neurotoxin, there is a common misconception that it is not safe to use and has harmful effects on the body. It is derived from botulinum toxic which is commonly associated with food poisoning. However, botox is perfectly safe to use because it is administered in minute quantities under controlled conditions.
Botox Only Works on Visible Wrinkles
- Botox works against deep-set wrinkles but it can also be used as a preventive method to stop the appearance of wrinkles in the first place. Many people are now getting botox injections in their 20’s. Using it as a preventive method offers long-term protection against wrinkles and fine lines. Using it as a preventive method keeps the skin looking smooth and wrinkle-free for a long time.
To get the best Botox treatment at reasonable rates, contact Alladerm. We offer multiple beauty treatments such as botox, facials, dermal fillers, and kybella. We are located in Aliso Viejo CA and offer services in nearby areas as well. For more information, call us at 949-916-7166.