Table of Contents
Here is a comprehensive guide to PDO thread lift benefits
Interventions in the cosmetic industry have led to the development of non-surgical ways of correcting sagging and aging skin. People seek rejuvenation procedures that have minimal downtime and risks. PDO thread lift is a non-invasive treatment designed to treat sagging skin. This article is a comprehensive guide to PDO thread lift and its benefits.
What Is PDO Thread Lift?
- Thread lift is a procedure that uses Minimally Invasive Non-Surgical Thread (MINT) to tighten and lift the sagging skin. MINT is a unique biodegradable polyester thread made from a complex sugar polydioxanone or PDO.
PDO has been used in surgery for over 30 years. The procedure involves minimal pain and downtime, and the results can be noticed immediately. Patients can look and feel their best within 45 minutes without going under a knife.
Patients are advised to avoid drinking and smoking at least 5 days before the treatment. In addition, anything that can increase the risk of bleeding or bruising should be avoided, including:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen and aspirin
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Green tea or green tea extracts
The exact procedure followed by the surgeon varies. In general, a PDO thread lift treatment includes the following steps:
- The patient is made to sit in an inclined seat. The cosmetic surgeon then disinfects the patient’s face with alcohol and applies local anesthetic agents under the skin.
- In the next step, the surgeon makes a small cut and inserts a cannula into the incision.
- The surgeon then secures the thread into place and withdraws the cannula.
- The procedure is finished by cutting the thread and making sure it’s anchored in place.
- Patients are allowed to go home shortly after the procedure.
Types Of PDO Threads
- Patients may generally benefit from a combination of different threads, including:
- These are smooth sutures that stimulate collagen production to rejuvenate the skin.
- Cog threads have spicules or barbs that hook into the skin to lift parts of the face.
- Screw threads are made of interwoven threads that help to restore volume in the sagged parts of the skin.
Although the benefits of barbed and smooth threads can overlap, barbed
lines are focused on lifting while the soft threads are designed to stimulate collagen. The combination results in smoother and plump skin.
Areas Treated by PDO Thread Lift
The best thing about this treatment is that it works on nearly all parts of the face to address the following concerns:
- Sagged cheeks and eyebrows
- Crow’s feet
- Naso jugal lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles around mouth and neck
- Softened jawline
Benefits Of PDO Thread Lift
The treatment provides the following incredible benefits:
- The safety and effectiveness of this anti-aging treatment are unparallel. PDO threads are completely safe and non-toxic. They have been used to suture incisions and treat and close wounds for decades.
- Since PDO threads are available in all shapes and sizes, treatment can be customized to suit the patient’s skin type, skin condition, and aesthetic goals.
- You will notice skin tightening effects immediately after the treatment, and the results continue to improve. The wrinkles and lines will fill out in a couple of months.
- PDO thread lift is a non-invasive procedure. Unlike a traditional facelift, there will be no swelling, redness, or irritation after the treatment. The patients can walk out of the clinic as soon as the procedure is finished.
Alladerm offers PDO Thread Lift, Botox, Chemical peeling, Photofacial, and all sorts of cosmetic procedures. For more information, call us at 949-916-7166. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA.