Learn 5 essential ways to prevent hyperpigmentation and improve your appearance
If you are overwhelmed by dark spots and discoloration you are not alone. There are several options to combat this harmless but bothersome issue. This article rounds up some important ways to help you fight against hyperpigmentation.
What Is Hyperpigmentation?
- Hyperpigmentation is a dermatologic condition that is caused by excess production of brown pigment in the skin. The pigment known as melanin causes the appearance of patches on the skin that look darker than your natural skin tone.
The most common causes of hyperpigmentation include overexposure to the sun, inflammation, underlying medical condition, etc.
Follow the below-mentioned tips to prevent hyperpigmentation and achieve flawless skin.
- If you are dealing with hyperpigmentation, avoiding unnecessary sun exposure may be the key to healthy skin. Hyperpigmentation can be easily exacerbated by exposure to the sun. Always make sure to apply a layer of sunscreen before you step outside in the sun. This should be done even on a cloudy day.
To further protect the sensitive skin from damaging rays of the sun, apply SPF 15 or 30 every few hours. The consistent application of sunscreen helps prevent the pigments from darkening any further.
Limit Your Time In The Sun
- Another important tip to avoid sun-induced hyperpigmentation is wearing protective clothing in addition to using good-quality sunscreen. Use hats and sunglasses to avoid direct exposure to sun rays. Limiting the time you spend outdoors in the sun is also helpful in the prevention of hyperpigmentation.
Avoid Touching The Affected Area
- You must avoid picking at your scabs and pimples as this promotes bacterial growth in these areas. New bacteria can further aggravate acne and lead to hyperpigmentation, the development of scars, and dark spots.
Scratching and picking at the affected spot increase inflammation and cause further discoloration. Moreover, it is important to treat hyperpigmentation quickly otherwise the pigment can move deeper into the skin and will be difficult to erase.
- Exfoliation is the key to fading the stubborn dark spots. It is advisable to go for a chemical exfoliant as this penetrates deeper within the skin layers and removes dead skin cells, promotes cell turnover, fades dark spots, and lightens the skin complexion.
Exfoliation can make skin sensitive to the sun therefore to shield your skin from the sun apply the exfoliant before exposing your skin to the sun.
If you want to go down the professional route that offers long-lasting results opt for intraceutical oxygen facials.
Intraceutical Oxygen Facials
- This specialized beauty treatment utilizes therapeutic oxygen under pressure to infuse a special serum into the skin. The serum is made up of essential vitamins, hyaluronic acid, botanicals, amino peptides, and antioxidants that rehydrate the skin. In this treatment, three types of specialized formulations of Hyaluronic acid are combined using a multi-weight technique.
As a result, optimal hydration is achieved while treating all types of skin concerns including hyperpigmentation. The infusion of specialized serums sets this treatment apart from the typical facial treatments.
- Intraceutical facial treatments use light pressure to efficiently deliver oxygen deep into the skin. This helps defy signs of aging and hyperpigmentation including age spots, brown spots, and sunspots while at the same time calming and cooling the skin. The rejuvenating serums contain lightweight Hyaluronic Acid that acts in synergy with other essential vitamins to increase the firmness of the skin.
Intraceutical oxygen facials improve skin contour and overall radiance. Moreover, the unique products used in this facial provide a protective layer to seal in the moisture and the serum. This helps supplement the skin and provides optimal protection against hyperpigmentation.
Satiate and revive your skin by opting for intraceutical oxygen facial. For highly effective and customized intraceutical oxygen facial or other beauty treatments, contact Alladerm. Call us at 949-916-7166. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA.