Table of Contents
Learn the secrets of chemical peels: the effective solution to reduce cystic acne and scars
Acne can occur in various degrees, with some individuals experiencing more severe symptoms than others. Nonetheless, it’s natural to feel insecure or uneasy about having any degree of acne. Fortunately, there’s a solution available for those struggling with cystic acne or acne scarring. Discover how chemical face peels can reduce cystic acne and enhance your facial appearance.
How Does Cystic Acne Develop?
- Cystic acne is a stubborn and severe acne that manifests as deep, red breakouts beneath the skin’s surface. These blemishes can persist for extended periods, causing frustration and discomfort. Cystic acne develops when dead skin cells clog a pore, allowing bacteria to enter and trigger inflammation, redness, and swelling.
Treatment Options For Cystic Acne
- Although several treatment options are available to alleviate the symptoms of cystic acne, one of the practical approaches to treating cystic acne is chemical face peels. This revitalizing skin treatment penetrates deep into the skin layers and unclogs pores, depending on the type of chemical peel used.
This method is beneficial in reaching the skin’s lower dermal layer, where cystic acne often originates. Different chemical peels are available to address acne, and the treatment choice often depends on the individual’s skin condition and severity.
Light Chemical Peels
- Treatment with light chemical peels involves the removal of the top layer of skin called the epidermis. This procedure utilizes mild chemicals like alpha-hydroxy acids and beta-hydroxy acids, which work to exfoliate the skin gently. Therefore, light chemical peels can be safely and regularly used to achieve the desired results. A chemical solution is applied to the face and left for a few minutes before washing off with water.
Light chemical peels are an effective solution for various skin concerns, including pigmentation, dryness, acne, and wrinkles. Removing the damaged outer layer of the skin improves skin texture, tone, and overall appearance.
Medium Chemical Peels
- A medium chemical peel is a skin treatment that targets deeper skin imperfections by removing the top layer (epidermis) and part of the middle layer (dermis) of the skin. During the procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the face and left for a few minutes, which may cause a burning or stinging sensation.
The peeling begins within 48 hours of treatment, and the skin may peel for several days. Medium chemical peels effectively treat more severe skin concerns such as acne scars, deep wrinkles, and uneven skin texture.
Deep Chemical Peels
- Medium chemical peels target deeper skin imperfections by removing the top layer and part of the middle layer of the skin. These peels effectively treat more severe skin concerns such as acne scars, sun damage, and blotchy skin.
By removing damaged skin layers, the treatment can improve skin tone and texture and promote collagen production, making the skin appear firmer and more youthful. Following the post-treatment care instructions the healthcare professional provides is essential to ensure optimal healing and long-lasting results.
How Do Chemical Peels Get Rid of Acne Scars?
- Chemical peels can effectively treat acne scars by promoting skin cell turnover and improving skin texture. They also help prevent future acne breakouts by removing pore-clogging dirt and debris from the skin’s surface. In addition, chemical peels help to improve the overall appearance of acne-prone skin, reducing the visibility of acne scars and blemishes. Overall, chemical peels are a helpful tool for addressing acne-prone skin and reducing the appearance of acne scars.
Alladerm believes that everyone deserves to look and feel their best. We offer discounted prices for the safest cosmetic treatments, including the chemical peel procedure. To learn more about our services or to book an appointment, call us today at 949-916-7166 and let our professionals help you achieve your aesthetic goals.