Table of Contents
Skincare specialists in Aliso Viejo share the ideal requirements for botox treatment
Aging leaves some permanent and inevitable marks. Wrinkles are one such example. They appear when certain facial muscles become less elastic and cannot go back to their original position. Examples include the appearance of wrinkles on the forehead, crow’s feet around the corner of eyes, and laugh lines around the lips. These wrinkles appear due to a repetition of certain actions such as squinting, frowning, and smiling.
To diminish their appearance and to retain a more youthful look, many people opt for Botox treatment. Botox relaxes the muscles and results in a softer appearance. Botox is a neuromodulator that works by blocking the nerve cells that carry the command for making a certain facial expression. As a result, muscle activity is reduced and fine lines disappear.
Botox is administered in the form of injections. These injections contain the neurotoxin or neuromodulator called botulinum toxin. Botox is the most popular and widely used cosmetic treatment for wrinkle prevention and reduction.
What Are Some Telltale Signs That You Need Botox?
You should opt for botox if you observe the following signs:
- Wrinkles and fine lines start appearing around the eyes, on the forehead, and around the neck.
- Wrinkles are deepening with age and time and are not responding to other topical treatments.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate for Botox?
Botox is an easy and non-invasive procedure. You should be in good health and comply with the following factors for being an ideal candidate for botox:
- Having infection-free skin.
- No previous history of being allergic to botulinum toxin or any other ingredient in botox.
- You are not a lactating mother.
If you have any of the following conditions, then avoid getting botox treatment:
- Having a muscle or nerve condition such as myasthenia gravis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- You are suffering from a serious infection or illness.
- Diagnosed with weakness in the targeted muscles.
- Having a condition called Ptosis or drooping eyelids.
- You have deep facial scars resulting from accidents, acne, or other skin condition.
- Thick facial dermis.
- Clinically perceptible facial asymmetry
What to Expect During The Treatment?
- The usual botox treatment lasts for 15-20 minutes. It is performed by an expert aesthetician or dermatologist. Doctors apply a cold pack or a numbing cream to the target areas. The liquid containing botulinum toxin is injected into the target muscles through a tiny injection. Botox treatment is customizable and the dosage depends upon the severity of facial wrinkles and where they are located on the face.
No downtime is associated with Botox injections and you can return to routine activities after getting the treatment. However, you should avoid rubbing the area where the injection was administered to avoid the spread of the liquid to other areas of the face. Botox works by restricting the movement of muscles so its spread to unwanted areas can cause temporary facial weakness. Keep in mind that mild bruising can occur at the injection sites which can be covered with makeup.
- Botox gives fast results. Some people may see a reduction in the appearance of wrinkles in a couple of days. However, full effects can be observed in a week’s time. The effects of botox are temporary and a touchup is needed after 4-6 months.
Botox gives the best results when administered by skilled estheticians. Contact Alladerm Medical Spa and book your botox appointment with the most experienced skincare professionals. Call us at 949-916-7166. We offer services in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.