For better appearance, read about the skin care regimes for women in 40s
The skin begins to change as we age and show visible signs of aging. Looking fabulous beyond the 40s can become challenging. However, once you know how to take care of your skin at this age, it becomes easy to look radiant in your 40s, 50s, 60s, and beyond. This article provides information about simple skincare regimes that promote collagen production, improve cellular growth, and minimize sun damage.
Use A Soft Cleanser
- Include a soft cleaner in your morning skincare routine. The cleanser helps to remove built-up dirt or bacteria. Start by gently massaging the cleanser on your face and neck. Use a circular motion and move your fingers upwards and outwards.
As you age, the skin produces less oil and becomes dry and saggy over time. So, choosing a milk-based cleaner that supports the skin’s natural oils is better. At night, use cleansing oil followed by a regular cleanser to remove makeup and other impurities.
Exfoliate Your Skin
- Signs of sun damage, pollution, smoking, etc, begin to appear as you age. Exfoliation helps you stay on top of these woes by improving circulation and removing dead skin cells. In addition, exfoliation minimizes the appearance of sunspots and results in a smooth complexion. Exfoliate with a gentle acid-based exfoliator twice a week.
- Sebaceous glands are found in abundance on the forehead and chin. These glands are responsible for producing the skin’s natural oils or sebum. Since the skin produces less sebum as it ages, it becomes dull and dry as you hit your 40s. Use serums containing vitamins C and E to stimulate collagen production and improve your skin tone.
Sun damage causes small brown sunspots to appear on the skin. Uneven skin tone and sun damage become more noticeable as you cross your 40s. Serums packed with vitamin C and retinol can protect your skin and treat pigmentation.
Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer
- Hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally produced by the body. Hyaluronic acid helps skin retain its moisture and stay soft. Just like collagen, the production of hyaluronic acid declines as you age. It is essential to lock in the serums and brighten the skin using a moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid.
Use moisturizer in the morning and at night. You can also use a hyaluronic acid serum. Sunscreen is the key to graceful aging. Exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet radiation can cause premature aging. Therefore, it is crucial to regularly use sunscreen along with the serums.
For a more customized skincare regime or to target a specific skin condition, Alladerm offers several individualized treatment plans, including:
- Facials improve skin complexion, remove dead cells, stimulate new cell growth, and produce bright, clearer skin. A professional facial treatment can be customized depending on your skin type and goals.
- IPL photo facials are a wholesome cosmetic treatment that uses broad-spectrum light to treat multiple skin issues.
- If you have skin texture concerns, laser genesis treatment can help you. From acne scarring to the effects of aging and sun exposure, laser genesis can treat all skin-related issues.
- Botox is the most popular and effective cosmetic procedure for safely removing wrinkles and fine lines. Botox can correct multiple medical and cosmetic conditions.
- Dermal fillers use hyaluronic acid and other substances to add fullness to areas that have lost volume due to aging. Dermal fillers plump the skin to fix the wrinkles and lines that form around the mouth and thin lips.
To enjoy radiant and youthful skin, contact Alladerm today at 949-916-7166. We offer all sorts of cosmetic procedures in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.