Table of Contents
Here is the ultimate guide to causes and treatment of acne scars
About 80% of people get acne around the ages of 11 to 30 years old. Acne breakouts commonly leave lingering redness and scars on the face, chest, and back. There are several treatment options, including OTC medications and dermatologic procedures. Keep reading to find out the causes of acne scars and what you can do to reduce the scars.
Cause Of Acne Scars
- Scars occur as a result of inflammation of acne blemishes. As the acne pore swells, a breakdown occurs in the pore’s wall. Small acne blemishes create shallow scars that are healed quickly. Sometimes the content of the blemishes leaks into the surrounding areas and causes deep tissue scars. The skin responds to the tissue damage by forming new collagen fibers, which repair the scars.
Types Of Acne Scars
- The good thing is that not all types of acne leave scars. Even if you do get scars, they can be completely removed with proper treatment.
An individual can have more than one type of scar. Depressed scars are of the following types:
- This type of scar is wide at the top and narrows down as it goes deep into the skin.
- These are found in lower cheeks and jaws and have sloping edges.
- Boxcar scars have indents with sharper edges that go deep down into the skin. A loss of tissue causes an indentation in the surface of the skin.
- These are lesions of scar tissue that rise off the skin. These are typically found on the chest, back, and shoulders. A raised scar indicates that the skin is doing its job and is in the process of healing. Skin produces collagen during the normal process of tissue repair. However, if too much collagen is produced, it results in the formation of raised scars or keloids.
Treatment Of Acne Scars
- Acne scars look unattractive and significantly affect a person’s self-esteem. Laser genesis is an FDA-approved non-invasive treatment. It is one of the most effective treatments for treating acne scars and skin damage. It can be used to bring the skin’s texture back to normal. Let’s learn about the effectiveness of laser genesis in treating acne scars.
- The heat from the laser genesis is applied to the targeted site to loosen and peel off the uppermost layer of skin. Peeling off the top layer helps diminish the appearance of the scars. As a result, the underlying fresher and smoother skin is revealed. The exposure of new skin to the heat from the laser stimulates cell regeneration and growth.
Blood is actively pumped to the scarred area which rejuvenates the damaged site. This causes a reduction in inflammation. In addition, the heat from the laser kills the acne-causing bacteria and stimulates the regenerative processes of the skin. The scar begins to fade and the skin becomes plump and smooth.
Results And Aftercare
- Laser genesis is a non-ablative process that does not harm the skin. It can be used for treating scars on any part of the body including, the face, neck, and chest. The results start to appear 7 to 10 days after the treatment. The results are permanent however, more than one session is required for complete healing of the acne scars.
The effectiveness of the results depends on the aftercare. Avoiding unnecessary sun exposure, and frequent application of sunscreen is crucial for the success of this treatment. Your physician may recommend the application of a special toner or moisturizer.
Restore your lost beauty within just 30 minutes of Laser Genesis Treatment. Book your appointments at 949-916-7166 and enjoy the amazing discount. Alladerm offers all sorts of cosmetic procedures in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.