Here is a quick review of the many types of micro-needling treatments and their impact on your appearance
Different types of micro-needling are available, and each type has unique benefits. The results vary depending on the technique being used. Before spending your money on the procedure, know the difference between each type. This will help you choose a treatment that best suits your needs. Continue reading to learn more about the types and techniques used in this innovative treatment.
Micro-needling With Radiofrequency
- Radiofrequency micro-needling is an effective treatment that utilizes radiofrequency technology in combination with micro-needling. This tandem helps enhance the results of micro-needling. Radiofrequency micro-needling provides additional benefits as compared to traditional micro-needling.
A specialized handheld device creates micro-tears in the superficial layer of skin. This triggers collagen production and a faster cellular turnover. In addition, these micro-tears deliver advanced radiofrequency and LED light to the deeper layers of skin. This results in more profound dermal rejuvenation. The robust cellular turnover provides noticeable skin tightening benefits.
- A skin pen is considered the gold standard for traditional micro-needling treatments. The skin pen is the first FDA-approved micro-needling pen that precisely targets problematic areas. It is a minimally invasive procedure that stimulates the body’s natural healing process to promote collagen production.
A skin pen is ideal for addressing common skin concerns, including enlarged pores, wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone and texture.
- Mesotherapy is the most minor invasive technique out of all the micro-needling options. It only targets the topmost layer of the skin, about 600 micrometers deep. It increases the permeability of skin layers, thus allowing skincare ingredients to penetrate a little deeper.
Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C, or Botox are typical skincare products applied during mesotherapy. It gives your skin an extra boost. Mesotherapy is ideal before a big event such as a wedding or vacation.
Micro-needling With PRP
- Micro-needling with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a combination therapy designed to naturally enhance the skin’s healing properties. In PRP, platelets and their growth factors are isolated from the blood and injected into the targeted sites. This process energizes cellular activity and increases cellular turnover.
PRP is also used by therapists to accelerate healing and reduce joint pain. In addition, PRP is beneficial for activating hair follicles. This makes it a powerful restorative technique for hair growth. When combined with micro-needling, PRP enhances the results and speeds up cellular recovery.
Micro-needling With PRF
- Micro-needling with platelet-rich-fibrin (PRF) is a highly advanced technique. It is pretty similar to PRP. In both techniques, blood is drawn into a test tube and spun in a centrifuge to separate it into different layers. This process separates the heavier blood cells from the lighter cells, including platelets and plasma.
The platelets and plasma are extracted from the test tube and injected into the specific sites. PRF is a natural technique that allows fibrinogen in the blood to be converted into fibrin. As a result, a spongy fibrin matrix is formed. Once injected into the areas of concern, PRF nourishes the cells and delivers promising results.
Benefits Of Micro-needling With PRF
- When individually used, both micro-needling and PRF are highly effective treatments. But when combined, they create a powerful solution for treating an array of skin concerns.
Micro-needling with PRF is used for treating the following skin problems:
- Reduces sun spots
- Lightens acne scars
- Shrinks open pores
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Treats hyperpigmentation
- Alleviates the symptoms of rosacea
- Helpful for reducing hair loss
- Reduces the appearance of spider veins
Give your skin a luminous glow and a firm texture within 30 minutes of micro-needling treatment. Book your appointments at 949-916-7166 and enjoy the amazing discount. Alladerm offers all sorts of cosmetic procedures in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.