Table of Contents
Read on to learn about 4 lesser-known uses of botox
Each year about 7.4 million people receive Botox injections in the U.S alone. Many people believe that vanity is the only reason Botox is so popular. But did you know that Botox has plenty of other non-cosmetic uses? Botox is inarguably one of the best minimally invasive anti-aging cosmetic procedures. However, it has several other remarkable benefits as well. So let’s dive right into the lesser-known uses of Botox.
Corrects Eye Alignment And Coordination
- In the earliest days, Botox was popularly used for treating eye disorders and strabismus. Strabismus is a medical condition that causes improper eye alignment. In this condition, one of the eyes looks straight ahead while the other turns to one side, either upward or downward.
Since the 1970s, Botox has been successfully used to correct eye position. It aligns the position of both eyes, so they line up in the same direction and simultaneously look at the same objects. Botox has been safely used in small doses, even in children with strabismus.
Corrects Involuntary Movement Of the Eye
- Although rare, some people have an eye condition that causes uncomfortable and involuntary eye blinking. The uncontrollable eye twitching can make it difficult to open or keep the eyes open. This condition is known as blepharospasm and results from spastic muscles surrounding the eyes.
The spasms occur because of the anomalies in the brain part that controls eye muscles. Botulinum toxin can reduce involuntary muscle movement and correct blepharospasm by relaxing the muscles. In small doses, the Botulinum toxin relaxes the eyelid muscles and prevents uncontrollable twitching.
Keeps Excessive Sweating In Check
- Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition in which individuals experience excessive sweating, even on days that are not hot. The amount of sweat produced is so abnormal that it soaks through the clothes. The antiperspirant products do not work well for these people.
However, Botox comes to the rescue. It is the best choice to curb the overactive sweat glands. FDA has approved Botox to reduce excessive underarm sweating. Botox also helps to reduce sweat on the feet or hands.
Treats Excessive Urination
- If nature calls you every so often, you are not alone. Up to 33 million people are affected by overactive bladder in the U.S. Every 4 out of 10 persons, on average, suffers from this condition. Research has proved that small doses of Botox can help keep an overactive bladder in check and correct excessive urination.
Botox helps relax the bladder muscles and increases their storage capacity. Thus, resulting in fewer episodes of urination. For this reason, FDA approved Botox to correct urinary incontinence in 2013.
Rewind Your Age With Botox
- Botox is the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedure. It is commonly used to treat fine lines and age-related wrinkles. Botulinum toxin freezes the wrinkle-causing muscles temporarily. One of the best things about Botox is that it gives natural-looking results. Wrinkles fade subtly, and no over-the-top changes are manifested. In addition, Botox is a very safe and non-surgical procedure.
For Botox, no anesthesia or sedation is required. Your skin will look younger and wrinkle-free. It is injected into problematic areas like the forehead or the corners of the eyes. Botox is a quick and easy procedure that can be performed in 10-15 minutes. The ease of procedure, minimal side effects, and quick recovery time make it very convenient.
For more information on Botox, contact Alladerm. Along with Botox, we offer multiple cosmetic procedures such as dermal fillers, Kybella, Laser Hair removal, laser genesis, micro-needling, and PDO thread lift at discounted rates. To book your appointment, call us at 949-916-7166. We offer services in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.