Learn about the basics of belotero filler and how it may help you seem younger
As we age, the skin begins to lose collagen and elastin. When the production of collagen and elastin diminishes signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles become apparent. Fortunately, some top-notch dermal fillers can help reduce the appearance of these signs. Belotero is one of them. This article provides comprehensive information about belotero fillers.
What Is Belotero?
- Belotero is an injectable cosmetic dermal filler that is used to reduce fine lines and folds in facial skin. The hyaluronic acid-base is used in this treatment. Hyaluronic acid is a natural sugar found within the skin. Hyaluronic acid is responsible for water absorption and the transport of nutrients. In addition, it acts as a replenishing agent in the skin.
Belotero, when injected into the skin folds, combines with the skin’s moisture to make it soft and plump. Belotero was approved by FDA in 2011 to fill laugh lines. But now it is used for treating several different types of fine lines.
How Does The Belotero Filler Work?
- Belotero has a gel-like consistency which gives volume to the skin. The hyaluronic acid used in this treatment binds with the skin’s moisture to fill in the lines and wrinkles. Belotero products are being used for giving volume to lips, cheeks, and chin.
Some belotero products also contain lidocaine. Lidocaine is a type of local anesthesia that is useful for minimizing pain from the injection. However, if you are concerned about the pain, your doctor can apply a topical numbing agent before the procedure.
- The doctor begins by taking the medical history of the patient. The areas to be treated are marked before the administration of the injection. The mapped-out areas are then cleaned with an antiseptic solution. Belotero is injected with the help of a fine-gauge needle syringe. Once the belotero is injected, the area is massaged to evenly spread out the filler.
Duration Of The Belotero Filler Treatment
- The amount of product used depends on the areas being treated. The entire procedure takes somewhere between 15 minutes to an hour to complete. The duration of the procedure also depends on the number of areas being filled. Sometimes, a touch-up is required after the initial treatment. This helps achieve the desired look.
Belotero is effective for the treatment of several areas including nasolabial folds. It can also be used on the forehead, chin, cheeks, and lips. It is used for:
- Filling the lines around the mouth, eyes, and nose
- Rectifying under-eye bags
- Forehead wrinkles
- Contouring cheeks and jawline
- Adding volume to lips
- Treating acne scars
- Correcting nose bumps
- Belotero is generally a safe procedure and there’s nothing to be concerned for. However, it leaves some effects that may make you uncomfortable. But these temporary effects are resolved within seven days.
The common side effects of belotero filler include:
- Mild swelling and redness
- The targeted area may become lightly bruised
- The tenderness
The effects of the filler can be seen immediately. Patients can return to their usual activities right away as there is no downtime associated with belotero filler treatment. For additional safety, it is best to avoid the following activities for up to 24 hours:
- Strenuous exercise
- Exposure to heat or direct sunlight
- Intake of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin and ibuprofen
- Alcoholic drinks
In addition, you may be advised to apply a cold pack to the treated area to minimize swelling and redness.
If you want to learn more about the Belotero Dermal Fillers, call us at 949-916-7166. We offer multiple cosmetic procedures including kybella, laser hair removal, laser genesis, micro-needling, and PDO thread lift at discounted rates. We provide services in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.