Learn what is xeomin, its advantages, and the most general types
With the rise of rejuvenation treatments, many brands of botulinum toxin type A are popping up on the market. Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau, and Xeomin are the most commonly used types in the United States. Read through this article to learn about Xeomin, its benefits, and more.
What is Xeomin?
- Incobotulinum Toxin A also known as Xeomin was originally formulated in 2010 by Merz Pharmaceuticals. Xeomin is a highly purified form of botulinum toxin type A. It was originally introduced to help treat people with muscle spasms.
However, in 2011, Xeomin received approval for aesthetic indications. It is an FDA-approved neuromodulator that is stable at room temperature. This helps maintain its quality during shipment.
Working Of The Neuromodulator
- Additional proteins are removed from the regular toxin to obtain a highly purified version of botulinum toxin type A. This makes it unique as compared to other types of neuromodulators.
Xeomin works by blocking the nerves in the targeted area to paralyze the muscles thereby resulting in reduced appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Benefits Of Xeomin
Here are some of the remarkable benefits of Xeomin.
- Xeomin helps soften the glabellar lines, crow’s feet, lines around the forehead, and mouth.
- Blocks nerve to muscle signals which causes the muscles to relax. This prevents wrinkling in the future.
- The treatment time is short and recovery is fast. Noticeable results can be seen within two weeks of the treatment.
- Xeomin does not contain added fillers. This eliminates the risk of any allergic reactions.
- It reduces the appearance of lines around the lips and fades the nasal lines.
- Xeomin injection into the chin can also reduce dimpling.
- It reduces the neckbands and creases.
What to Expect During The Treatment
- It is a simple and non-invasive treatment that takes less than 10 minutes to complete. The targeted area is made numb before the treatment. A slight pinch from the injection may be felt. The number of Xeomin injections varies depending on the size of the area under treatment.
For instance, in the treatment of 11 forehead lines, about 5 different pokes should be expected. After the first injection, a few more injections may be administered for injecting a calculated amount of product. You can resume your daily routine soon after the treatment without any difficulty.
- Keep your hands off your face for at least 3 to 4 hours after the treatment. It is better not to lie down right after receiving the injection. In addition, it is advisable to avoid doing any vigorous activity for about 4 hours after the treatment.
This helps keep the product in the targeted areas thereby enhancing the effects of the treatment. Full results will be visible after a week of the treatment. Results of the treatment usually depend on age and quality of the skin however the effects of the injection generally last up to 4 months.
- It is crucial to follow any post-treatment instructions given by your health care provider. This may include instructions about future appointments or follow-up treatment. The procedure will more likely be effective if you adhere to instructions and recommendations regarding your treatment. Xeomin is a wrinkle-reversible prevention treatment that is easily accessible at a relatively low price.
If you want to learn more about the Xeomin and other dermal fillers that visibly reduce the signs of aging, call us at 949-916-7166. We offer multiple cosmetic procedures such as dermal fillers, kybella, Laser Hair Removal, laser genesis, micro-needling, and PDO thread lift at discounted rates. We provide services in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.