Learn here why good blood circulation is important for keeping the body healthy
The human body is a complicated machine in which all systems and interdependent and work in harmony for optimal growth and performance. Each cell, tissue, and organ of the body requires a consistent supply of energy and nutrients to perform its functions. The energy and nutrient requirements are met through the continuous circulation of blood in the body. The body is inundated with an extensive network of arteries, capillaries, and veins. Blood circulates through these vessels all the time.
Optimal circulation of blood is crucial for the health and performance of the body. To understand the importance of blood circulation and the role it plays, let us first get a basic understanding of how the circulatory system works and how blood is delivered to each component of the body.
The Working of Blood Circulation
The circulatory system, also known as the cardiovascular system, is one of the most important systems of the body. As the name indicates, it comprises two major components i.e. the heart and the blood vessels that run throughout the body. The heart is the pump of the body – it pumps oxygenated, and nutrient-rich blood to all parts of the body. This blood is supplied through a network of vessels which are:
- Arteries – they carry oxygenated blood away from the heart to the rest of the body.
- Veins – they carry deoxygenated (blood depleted of oxygen and high in carbon dioxide) back to the heart.
- Capillaries – are tiny vessels that connect the arteries to the veins.
The deoxygenated blood is transported back to the heart from where it is pumped and transported to the lungs through the pulmonary artery. At the lungs, the exchange of gasses occurs. Carbon dioxide is removed from the blood and oxygen is added to the blood. The oxygenated blood is again transported to the heart through the pulmonary vein. From there, the heart pumps fresh blood to the rest of the body. This is how the cycle of blood circulation works.
Importance of Good Blood Circulation in The Body
Good blood circulation can be described as the optimal flow of blood and delivery of important nutrients and oxygen throughout the body. Good blood circulation is important for the body due to the following reasons:
- It increases the energy levels in the body and enables the body to perform more work and activities, both mentally and physically.
- It stabilizes the body temperature, regulates pH balance, and removes waste products from the cells effectively.
- Muscles and organs such as the brain, lungs, liver, etc are supplied with adequate levels of oxygen and nutrients. This enables them to function properly and effectively.
- It improves the body’s response to diseases. If the body detects an infection, white blood cells and antibodies are carried by the blood to the infected area immediately, and the spread of disease is contained. Likewise, blood clots are formed immediately when the skin is scraped or cut.
- Waste products from the body are removed effectively. The waste is carried by the blood and brought to purification organs such as kidneys and livers from where they are processed and expelled out of the body.
The importance of good circulation for health and wellbeing cannot be overemphasized. Having a healthy lifestyle and consuming certain foods such as peppers, beets, berries, and fatty fish keeps the blood circulating throughout the body. Along with that, certain medical treatments such as BEMER (Bio-Electro-Magnetic-Energy-Regulation) have proven to be highly effective in improving blood circulation and resolving the risks of poor blood flow.
BEMER is a non-invasive, safe, and effective therapy that uses electromagnetic treatment to increase blood flow and stimulate the microcirculatory system. To learn more about this treatment, contact Alladerm. We offer services in Aliso Viejo, CA. Call us at 949-916-7166.