Key benefits of laser hair removal that you probably didn’t know
Even though body hair is natural, its existence is often considered aesthetically unappealing and somewhat of a fashion faux pas. For centuries, females have tried different methods for removing unwanted body hair which is often painful, time-consuming, and repetitive. Some of the common hair removal methods include waxing, threading, shaving, and plucking.
Thanks to the advancements in technology, we can now get rid of unwanted body hair through laser technology. It is one of the most convenient and pain-free methods that uses concentrated beams of laser light to destroy hair follicles that exist underneath the skin. Once the follicle is destroyed, it loses its ability to grow normal healthy hair. Hence, gradually the hair is removed permanently.
Laser light has multiple advantages over traditional hair removal methods. Let us explore them further.
1. Fast and Efficient Method
- Laser hair removal does not take a lot of time and gives efficient results. Laser machines target larger areas in a single application. And unlike waxing, multiple applications are not needed for a single area. Hence, a full-body laser can be performed in as little as 30 minutes. It has 95% efficiency as laser beams do not miss any part of the targeted area. Its efficiency and performance speed gives it an edge over other hair removal methods.
2. Gives Long-Standing Results
The pigment in the hair follicle absorbs the laser’s highly concentrated energy. Due to this, the hair follicle is destroyed and it loses its ability to grow further hair. Hence, hair growth is prevented for a long time. After a number of sessions, the follicle is permanently destroyed and no hair will grow from it. The laser gives long-standing and in some cases permanent results which is not the case for waxing, shaving, and threading.
3. It Does Not Cause Pain or Discomfort
- Laser light penetrates deep inside the skin but does not cause any pain or discomfort. The only sensation that is felt is that of a quick and hot snap as the laser moves from one area to the other. Compared to waxing and threading that involve the physical yanking of hair, the laser is very mild and free of pain and discomfort, especially for sensitive areas like the bikini line.
4. Reduces Body Odor
Body odor is caused due to the growth of bacteria in high hair density areas. The bacteria cling to the body hair especially in the armpits, causing a foul odor to emit out of the body. Permanent removal of body hair results in less body odor and enhances self-confidence.
5. Reliable Method To Remove Excessive Hair
- Some people have an abnormally high rate of growth of body hair. This can be hereditary or due to hormonal imbalance. Women who suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome may have body hair at unusual places such as under the chin and on the neck. Some men have abnormal hair growth on the back and chest.
For all such people, the laser is an ideal technique for removing excessive hair with very high growth rates. Other methods of hair removal can be expensive and exhausting. But permanent hair removal through laser can give them the freedom to wear whatever they want without worrying about embarrassing hair at odd places.
For more information on laser hair removal, contact the professionals at Alladerm. We provide laser hair removal services at reasonable costs. Call us at 949-916-7166. Our clinic is located in Aliso Viejo, CA.