Before choosing face and body lasers, you must be aware of the following three factors
Laser hair removal isn’t a basic skin-care routine. You don’t get to sit in a salt bath or get a heavenly massage that gives instant results. It’s a lengthy treatment that involves zapping, feeling uncomfortable some days, and taking a long time to get the results. However, with suitable laser technicians or estheticians, you can find unique and long-lasting effects in the long run.
With laser hair removal, you don’t have to worry about those weird-smelling shaving creams, painful waxing appointments, or shaving (for the most part). Finally, you could raise your arms without being conscious of your underarms.
It could be that you are comfortable with your ungroomed and natural hair, and that’s a personal preference. But some of you may forever want to say goodbye to those shaving nicks, razor bumps, and ingrown hair.
So, if you are debating on getting your body hair lasered and permanently removed, these are a few things you need to know to understand whether the treatment is worth it.
Is the process painful?
- To know the answer to this question, you must first understand how a laser works. A laser light is sent through hair pigment. The light converts to heat and causes damage to the hair follicle and bulb.
So, the pain you may experience would be sharp and quick. Also, it depends on your pain threshold and skin area. You may experience more pain in your temples, chin, and around your nose.
- Luckily, laser machines are built with a cooling mechanism. Cold air is blasted where the laser is pointing, which is quite helpful. Moreover, cold rooms and lower body temperature also help. So make sure you reach your appointments on time and don’t come running last minute — giving your body time to cool down before getting your laser treatment.
How much time does it take?
- The time to get the complete treatment may vary from person to person. It may take 8-12 weeks to see the total result. However, you may start seeing progress after the first few weeks. Moreover, you need to be on time with your appointments, so you can see the results you want.
Hair follicles are at different stages throughout the process; getting them all zapped is very important. Hair needs to be lasered in its active state. Stopping will hinder the process and not give the expected results.
How do you prep your skin?
If you have anything on your skin, such as too-long hair, makeup, or skincare products, it will cause irritation or even a burning smell. It is recommended to remove everything beforehand.
Here’s how you prep your skin for optimum results.
- Shave your skin cleanly before 24 hours of treatment.
- Do not use electrical lasers.
- Do not pluck, wax or tweeze.
- Do not apply sunscreen, lotion, deodorant, or other substances to your skin.
- If you have applied anything, inform the practitioner and clean with wipes.
- Do not overexpose your skin to the sun four weeks before treatment.
- Your skin should not be fake-tanned.
- Exfoliate your skin to remove any residues.
How much time does each session take?
- The sessions are pretty fast. Each session may take 20 to 30 minutes, including some discussion with your practitioner and a quick makeup removal to get the job done. Permanent hair removal via laser treatment is a noninvasive method that lasts long and produces excellent results. It is better than waxing, plucking, and chemical duplicators.
Alladerm, located in Aliso Viejo, CA, offers a variety of expert beauty treatments ranging from chemical peeling, photo facials, Thread Lift, and Botox. To know more about us — call 949-916-7166.