Table of Contents
Here is a brief introduction to micro-needling benefits
Micro-needling is a cosmetic procedure in which the body’s natural healing response is used to encourage collagen production. It is a minimally invasive procedure that requires little to no downtime. We have put together a guide to micro-needling benefits. Read on to learn all about it.
What Is Micro-Needling?
- Micro-needling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is used for treating skin concerns by stimulating collagen production. In this treatment sterilized needles are used for creating micro-punctures in the skin. This process stimulates the body’s natural wound healing mechanism. The rush of collagen and elastin helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and improves skin elasticity and firmness.
Preparing For Micro-Needling
- Consult your doctor before the procedure to adequately prepare for your appointment. The doctor may recommend discontinuing certain medications including non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents such as ibuprofen and acne medications. Products that increase the sensitivity of skin should also be avoided. In addition, the use of topical retinoids and exfoliants is also prohibited before the appointment.
Procedure Of Micro-Needling
- During the procedure, a pen-like tool with tiny needles is used to make small pricks under the skin. These pricks are minute and disappear after the procedure. The pen is evenly moved across the skin to cause the newly rejuvenated skin to appear even. A topical anesthetic is applied to the targeted area approximately 45 minutes before the procedure.
This helps numb the skin so you won’t feel anything during the process. The process takes about 30 minutes. The procedure is finished by applying a growth serum or a calming agent. The whole session lasts for about 2 hours.
- Micro-needling is gaining popularity because of its growing list of benefits. It rejuvenates and plumps the skin without causing any discomfort. In addition, the sessions can be adjusted to meet each person’s needs.
Below are some of the noteworthy benefits of micro-needling:
Reduces Fine Lines And Wrinkles
- Premature aging in the form of fine lines and wrinkles can make you look older than your age. The micro-tears from micro-needling sessions can help you fight the signs of premature aging by stimulating collagen production.
Collagen and elastin are the natural proteins in the skin that give it a youthful appearance. The stimulation of wound healing mechanisms causes your body to produce new skin cells. As a result, fine lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles become less apparent.
Reduce Pore Size
- Another incredible micro-needling benefit is that it causes your pores to shrink. The area around each pore becomes plump when the collagen around the pores is stimulated. This reduces the pore size and makes them disappear.
Sun Damage And Scar Treatment
- Micro-needling is also super-effective in addressing sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and age spots. Micro-needling can rejuvenate and even out a blotchy, brownish complexion caused by over-exposure to the sun. In addition, micro-needling is also an excellent treatment for addressing acne and acne scars.
Fight signs of Aging
- As we get older, skin loses its elasticity and firmness. One of the biggest micro-needling benefits is that it changes the dull and discolored skin and gives it a firm and healthy appearance. The tiny wounds in the skin cause buildup of collagen which improves the skin’s structure. You can achieve a radiant and fresh glow just 24 hours after a micro-needling session.
Now that you know the best micro-needling benefits, how about you restore your lost beauty within just 30 minutes by trying the Micro-needling Treatment. Book your appointments at 949-916-7166 and enjoy the amazing discount. Alladerm offers all sorts of cosmetic procedures in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.