Learn here how to achieve glowing skin like never before by IPL photofacials with the dermatologist near you.
Different environmental factors such as exposure to sunlight and dust, skin conditions such as acne and rosacea, and aging, in general, take a toll on our facial skin. As a result, our skin develops pigmentation, dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles and loses its luster. To rejuvenate the skin and bring it back to beauty base zero, certain cosmetic procedures such as IPL photofacials are used. How is an IPL photo facial performed and it is worth it? Let’s find out.
IPL Photofacial Simplified
IPL stands for intense pulsed light. This type of facial uses poly-chromatic (broad spectrum) light to address specific skin concerns. Unlike the conventional medical laser which emits a single spectrum light, broad-spectrum light comprises different wavelengths of light. These various wavelengths of lights are calibrated to target different skin concerns such as:
- Age-related loss of skin elasticity and firmness
- Acne scars
- Age spots
- Dark spots
IPL photo facial is performed using a handheld machine that delivers a wide spectrum of lights. When these pulses of light are absorbed by the melanin and red blood cells in the skin, heat is generated and it causes a superficial burn in the target area. The burn stimulates the skin’s natural healing process. It does not cause any permanent damage to the skin.
- As the skin heals, the damaged and lackluster outer layer of the skin is shed, and new vibrant and supple skin is revealed which is free from the previous problems. The good thing about IPL photofacials is that the wavelengths of light can be adjusted and calibrated to address specific skin concerns. Hence, it is a highly customizable process that delivers precise and effective results.
Are IPL photofacials worth it? Yes and yes! Why and how? Let’s find out.
IPL Photofacials Are Effective In Treating Sun Damage
Excessive and unprotected exposure to sun rays causes premature wrinkles and dark spots. IPL photofacials work against sun damage in the following way:
- It penetrates deep into the layers of skin and draws out the pigmented cells. The pulsed lights dissolve the pigments and leaves behind normal colored dewy skin. This is the stage of deep exfoliation.
- After that, the body starts producing new collagen to replace the collagen that has been destroyed by the sun. As a result, the skin becomes firmer, supple, and way more even-toned.
An Effective Treatment for Chronic Acne
IPL photofacials have proven to be effective against chronic acne that has not responded to oral prescriptions. It treats acne in the following way:
- It encourages the skin to shed the outer layer of dead skin cells. Increased cell turnover keeps the facial pores clean and unclogged.
- The radiations kill the acne-causing bacteria and reduce redness and inflammation.
- Collagen production and chemical exfoliation reduce acne marks and scars.
IPL Reduces The Appearance of Veins and Capillaries
- Intense Pulsed Light is readily absorbed by red blood cells. Hence, it is ideal for treating blood vessel abnormalities such as broken capillaries and spider veins. Spider veins are caused when blood pools in some veins which are directly underneath the skin’s surface. IPL resolves the issue and regulates the movement of blood. It also reduces the appearance of rosacea and gives a more even and balanced complexion.
For more information on photofacials, contact Alladerm. We provide services for a customized Limelight Photofacial to rejuvenate your skin from the inside out. Call us at 949-916-7166. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA.