Here is part 2 of our guide on reasons to get IPL photofacials
IPL photofacials are a wholesome cosmetic treatment that uses broad-spectrum light to treat multiple skin issues. Let us take a look at some of its important benefits and uses.
Prevent Premature Aging of Skin
- Getting photofacials regularly can prevent and even reverse signs of premature aging. When the laser light interacts with the cells, it alters their structure, causing them to behave like young skin cells. As per the findings of a study conducted by Stanford University, getting two to three photofacials in a year can alter the genetic makeup of the cells in such a way that the altered gene expression is similar to that of younger, more vibrant cells.
To achieve the desired results, the following precautions need to be taken:
- Avoid sun exposure in the week before and after the treatment. Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 50 before going out in the sun.
- Limit alcohol consumption and quit smoking.
- Maintain a stable and healthy weight.
Multiple Body Parts Can Receive This Treatment
- The magic of IPL photofacial is not limited to the face only, rather it can be performed on multiple body parts such as the neck, upper chest, hands, arms, and legs. These body parts receive quite a lot of sun exposure. Hence, any sun damage over these body parts can be fixed with a few sessions of IPL photo facial.
It Works Well With Other Cosmetic Procedures
- The good thing about IPL photo facials is that it works well other non-surgical, cosmetic procedures such as Botox and dermal fillers. IPL photo facials increase the turnover of skin cells while dermal fillers fill in the hollow areas of the skin from where facial volume has been lost. Botox works well on wrinkles that are spread over a small area such as crow’s feet and laugh lines. IPL photo facial has its limitations when it comes to removing fine lines.
Limited Side Effects and Little Downtime
- IPL photo facials use scattered laser light to treat different facial issues. It is powerful enough to penetrate to the deeper layers of the dermis, but without causing any changes in the skin texture, redness, swelling or irritating the delicate skin cells. Because the light is scattered and is released in pulses rather than continuously, IPL photo facials don’t cause any skin damage.
The downtime of this procedure is very little. Doctors recommend staying indoors for 24 to 48 hours after getting the treatment as the skin becomes quite sensitive to sun exposure. You can continue with your normal skincare routine and application of makeup a few hours after the treatment.
- Other cosmetic procedures such as chemical peels can cause hyper photosensitivity and skin continues to peel for 10-15 days post-treatment. However, with IPL photo facials, you can resume your day-to-day activity after a little gap.
Quick and Convenient Procedure
- IPL photofacials can be performed in 30 to 45 minutes. They are not lengthy procedures that would consume half your day. Hence, you can continue with your day-to-day activities after getting the treatment. Most patients report mild discomfort during the procedure but nothing too painful. Numbing creams do a good job of easing the post-treatment discomfort. All in all, IPL photo facials offer convenience and ease and give wonderful results.
For more information on photofacials, contact Alladerm. We provide services for a customized Limelight Photofacial to rejuvenate your skin from the inside out. Call us at 949-916-7166. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA.