PDO Thread Lift
PDO Thread Lift
MINT Orange County
What is MINT?
The PDO Thread Lift procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours. A local anesthetic is used to maximize comfort.
Before / After
MINT PDO Thread Lift benefits:
- Lasting results
- Minimal downtime
- No incision
- Treats multiple areas of the face and body
- Treats sagging, folding, or hollowing in the mid-face
- Reduces jowls
- No surgery
Another Before / After
This patient received 7 threads on each side of the face and 100 soft threads in the cheeks and neck.
She also had 1 mL of filler in the lips 💋
PDO Thread Lift Pre & Post Care Instructions
- Plan this treatment at least 2 weeks before any important event to allow adequate time for possible swelling and bruising to subside.
- Medications or supplements that may increase your risk of bleeding should be avoided 3-7 days before treatment. These include, but are not limited to, anticoagulant medication, antiplatelet medication, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil, flaxseed, garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, omega 3 fatty acids, St. John’s Wort, and vitamin A or E. You should consult with your physician before discontinuing anything prescribed or recommended by your physician.
- Stop drinking alcohol 1-2 days before injections.
- Consider taking Arnica the day of treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores of Herpes Simplex Virus, you may be recommended to take an antiviral medication before treatment.
- Eat a meal or light snack before treatment. Notify the clinician if you have a needle phobia, prior to treatment. This allows the clinician to take the appropriate precautions to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
- Avoid touching the treated area for 6 hours.
- Avoid makeup for about 48 hrs.
- Immediately after the treatment, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness, and an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The inconvenience is usually temporary and generally disappears in less than 6 hours after injection into the skin and less than 1-2 days after injection into the lips. Occasionally the initial swelling after lip treatment may last longer. Occasionally some patients experience swelling for about 1 week and the lips can look somewhat uneven during this time. This means that the result directly after the treatment should not be seen as the final result.
- If you have swelling, apply cold compresses to the treatment area for 5-10 minutes every hour as needed.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores.
- If you have any pain, you may take Tylenol.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous activities 1-2 days after the procedure. Walking is acceptable.
- No excessive sun or heat until any initial swelling and redness have resolved.
- Avoid squeezing or massaging the treated areas for several hours after treatment as this could subtly change the results.
- Apply sunscreen with broadband protection (UVA and UVB) and have a sun protection factor of SPF 30 or more.
- Medications or supplements that may increase your risk of bleeding should be avoided 2-3 days after treatment. These include, but are not limited to, anticoagulant medication, antiplatelet medication, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil, flaxseed, garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, omega 3 fatty acids, St. John’s Wort, and vitamin A or E.
- This treatment is temporary and the duration of the effect can vary from patient to patient. You may wish to consider additional treatments before the effect has completely dissipated.
- Optimal results are generally achieved with patients who continue treatments routinely.
- Contact the office or seek medical attention if any concerning or unusual side effect occurs.