PDO Thread Lift
PDO Thread Lift
MINT Orange County
What is MINT?
The PDO Thread Lift procedure takes about 45 min to 2 hours. A local anesthetic is used to maximize comfort.
Before / After
MINT PDO Thread Lift benefits:
- Lasting results
- Minimal downtime
- No incision
- Treats multiple areas of the face and body
- Treats sagging, folding, or hollowing in the mid-face
- Reduces jowls
- No surgery
Another Before / After
This patient received 7 barbed threads on each side of the face and 100 smooth threads in the cheeks and neck.
She also had 1 mL of filler in the lips
Barbed vs Smooth Threads
Treatments may generally benefit from a combination of Barbed and Smooth Threads. Although there is an over lap of benefits among the barbed and smooth smooth threads in general barbed threads are focused on the lifting while the smooth threads are designed to stimulate collagen. The combination results in smoother and thicker skin.
This patient was treated treaded by barbed threads followed by smooth threads as shown here.
PDO Thread Lift Pre & Post Care Instructions
- Plan this treatment at least 2 weeks before any important event to allow adequate time for possible swelling and bruising to subside.
- Medications or supplements that may increase your risk of bleeding should be avoided 3-7 days before treatment. These include, but are not limited to, anticoagulant medication, antiplatelet medication, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil, flaxseed, garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, omega 3 fatty acids, St. John’s Wort, and vitamin A or E. You should consult with your physician before discontinuing anything prescribed or recommended by your physician.
- Stop drinking alcohol 1-2 days before injections.
- Consider taking Arnica the day of treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores of Herpes Simplex Virus, you may be recommended to take an antiviral medication before treatment.
- Eat a meal or light snack before treatment. Notify the clinician if you have a needle phobia, prior to treatment. This allows the clinician to take the appropriate precautions to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
- Avoid touching the treated area for 6 hours.
- Avoid makeup for about 48 hrs.
- Immediately after the treatment, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness, and an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The inconvenience is usually temporary and generally disappears in less than 6 hours after injection into the skin and less than 1-2 days after injection into the lips. Occasionally the initial swelling after lip treatment may last longer. Occasionally some patients experience swelling for about 1-2 weeks and therefore the result directly after the treatment should not be seen as the final result.
- If you have swelling, apply cold compresses to the treatment area for 5-10 minutes every hour as needed.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores.
- If you have any pain, you may take Tylenol.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous activities 1-2 weeks after the procedure. Walking is acceptable.
- No excessive sun or heat until any initial swelling and redness have resolved.
- Avoid squeezing or massaging the treated areas for several hours after treatment as this could subtly change the results.
- Apply sunscreen with broadband protection (UVA and UVB) and have a sun protection factor of SPF 30 or more.
- Medications or supplements that may increase your risk of bleeding should be avoided 2-3 days after treatment. These include, but are not limited to, anticoagulant medication, antiplatelet medication, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil, flaxseed, garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, omega 3 fatty acids, St. John’s Wort, and vitamin A or E.
- This treatment is temporary and the duration of the effect can vary from patient to patient. You may wish to consider additional treatments before the effect has completely dissipated.
- Optimal results are generally achieved with patients who continue treatments routinely.
- Contact the office or seek medical attention if any concerning or unusual side effect occurs.