Table of Contents
Unveiling the best tips for protecting your skin this summer
Along with outdoor adventures, beaches, and vacations, summer brings the sun’s intense rays, which can wreak havoc on your skin. Unprotected sun exposure can damage your skin and cause dark spots, wrinkles, premature aging, and even cancer, making it crucial to protect your skin. Read on to discover expert tips for protecting your skin this summer.
Regularly Apply Sunscreen
- While wearing sunscreen is necessary, most men and women do not apply it before going outside. However, to ensure the well-being of your skin, it is essential to apply sunblock every day, even on cloudy days, regularly. A sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 protects against UVA and UVB radiation. Apply at least one ounce of sunscreen to exposed skin about 15 minutes before heading outdoors.
Reapply every two hours, especially if you engage in water activities. In addition, if you wear makeup, select SPF products for additional sun protection. For instance, select the one with built-in SPF protection instead of a regular moisturizer. Moreover, apply sunscreen to your ears and choose lip balms with SPF protection.
Wear Protective Clothing
- When it’s hot and sunny outside, many try to wear less clothing instead of more. However, covering your skin is essential to prevent exposure to the sun during the hot summer months. Therefore, wearing light-colored, loose-fitting clothes made from natural fabrics, like cotton or linen, is ideal whenever possible.
In addition, clothes with built-in SPF/UPF protection are also available for full protection. It is also a good idea to use accessories such as sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection to help stop sun damage on the skin. Moreover, use a wide-brimmed hat for much-needed protection for the delicate skin on your face, ears, and neck.
Stay Adequately Hydrated
- During summer, the intense rays of sun and heat can dehydrate your skin and body, necessitating adequate hydration. Dehydrated skin can result in an uneven tone, dryness, fine lines, and wrinkles. The best way to combat dehydration is to stay adequately hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
This will help repair and strengthen the skin’s protective barrier and moisturize your skin. However, if you do not like plain water, use flavored drinks or munch on fruits and vegetables with high water content, such as cucumber, tomato, watermelon, etc.
Avoid Going Out During Peak Sun Hours
- The sun is the most intense during peak hours in summer between 10 am and 4 pm. Your skin is at the highest risk for sun damage and sunburn during peak hours. Plan your day to protect your skin from sun damage by minimizing outdoor activities during these hours.
However, if outdoor visits cannot be avoided during this time, stay in the shade to shield your skin from sun rays. Use umbrellas, trees, or sun shelters to protect your skin and body from the heat. One tip to remember is that if your shadow appears shorter than you, you need to look for shade for optimal protection.
Schedule Regular Facial Treatments
- Another tip to keep your skin healthy and looking its best is scheduling regular facial treatments, such as intraceutical oxygen facials during summer. These treatments rejuvenate the skin by exfoliating the skin and regenerating new cells. Treatments like, intraceutical oxygen facials target dull, dry, dehydrated, sun-damaged, and sensitive skin.
It offers promising results in reducing brown spots, post-inflammatory pigmentation, and uneven texture. Most types of skin concerns can benefit from this hydrating facial treatment. Intraceutical oxygen facial treatment every few weeks can provide the best results.
Satiate and revive your skin and protect it from further damage. For highly effective and customized intraceutical oxygen facial or other beauty treatments, contact Alladerm. Call us at 949-916-7166. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA