Table of Contents
What can PDO thread lift do for you? Uncover the benefits and results
Aging is a natural process that causes unwanted skin changes, such as the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin. Multiple treatments are used to reverse these aging signs and preserve a youthful appearance. PDO thread lift is one popular procedure that uses a biodegradable Polydioxanone (PDO) polyester suture to rejuvenate the skin. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about PDO thread lift.
PDO Thread Life: What Is It?
- Thread lift is a procedure that uses Minimally Invasive Non-Surgical Thread (MINT) to tighten and lift sagging skin. MINT is a unique biodegradable polyester thread made from a complex sugar polydioxanone or PDO. PDO has been used in surgery for over 30 years. The procedure involves minimal pain and downtime, and the results can be noticed immediately.
Patients can look and feel their best without going under a knife. It is a minimally invasive procedure that can be performed in 45-60 minutes. Patients are advised to avoid drinking and smoking at least 5 days before the treatment. In addition, anything that can increase the risk of bleeding or bruising should be avoided, including:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Green tea or green tea extracts
- PDO threads are a type of biodegradable sutures that are used in thread lift procedures. They degrade inside the human body after 6 months of insertion. Polylactic acid (PLA) and polycaprolactone (PCA) are other types of sutures used for different purposes. Once inserted, PDO sutures interact with the skin and trigger the production of fibroblasts.
As a result, collagen production is stimulated. Enhanced levels of collagen fix wrinkles and fine lines and give elasticity and structure to the skin. Hence, PDO threads are effective in reversing the signs of aging. The best thing about this treatment is that it works on nearly all parts of the face to address the following concerns:
- Sagged cheeks and eyebrows
- Crow’s feet
- Naso jugal lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles around mouth and neck
- Softened jawline
Thread Lift Procedure
The following steps are performed in a PDO Thread Lift procedure:
- The patient is seated in a reclined chair, and the face is disinfected with alcohol. Then local anesthesia is applied with the help of a minute needle.
- Once the anesthesia sets in, the surgeon makes a small cut in the face and inserts a tiny cannula into the gap.
- The surgeon will then anchor the PDO thread through the cannula into the face of the patient.
- The cannula is pulled out, and excess thread is cut out after ensuring it has been securely set in place.
Benefits Of PDO Thread Lift
The treatment provides the following incredible benefits:
- PDO threads are completely safe and non-toxic. The safety and effectiveness of this anti-aging treatment are unparallel. They have been used to suture incisions and treat and close wounds for decades.
- Since PDO threads are available in all shapes and sizes, treatment can be customized to suit the patient’s skin type, condition, and aesthetic goals.
- You will notice skin tightening effects immediately after the treatment, and the results continue to improve. The wrinkles and lines will fill out in a couple of months.
- PDO thread lift is a non-invasive procedure. Unlike a traditional facelift, there will be no swelling, redness, or irritation after the treatment. The patients can leave the clinic as soon as the procedure is finished.
Ready to explore the possibilities of rejuvenating your appearance? Book an appointment with experts at Alladerm. We offer PDO Thread Lift, Botox, Chemical peeling, Photofacial, and all sorts of cosmetic procedures. For more information, call us at 949-916-7166. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA.