Here are the top 6 tips to delay skin aging and how to maintain your younger look
Skin losses collagen, elastin fibers, and hyaluronic acid as it ages. This causes the skin to become loose, dry, and thin. In addition, damage from UV rays, smoking, use of skin products, and certain medications appears on the skin in the form of wrinkles, sagging, and fine lines. Here are some essential tips that can help you delay the signs of aging.
Consume A Healthy Diet
- A healthy, well-balanced diet can make all the difference in making your skin appear plump and youthful. A diet rich in antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C, D, and E, green tea, and minerals like zinc and selenium can delay the signs of aging.
Supplementation with antioxidants helps reduce skin sagging and the depth of wrinkles. In addition, antioxidants stimulate collagen and elastin growth in the skin.
- The chemicals and toxins from smoking cause your skin to age prematurely and quickly. Sallow complexion, wrinkles, droopy skin around the eyes, and fine lines are more common among chronic smokers. Nicotine in the cigarette prevents oxygen and essential nutrients from reaching the skin by narrowing down the blood vessels. Facial wrinkles also develop by pursing the lips around the cigarette.
Use Retinoid Products
- Retinoids are chemically derived from vitamin A and contain retinoic acid. Retinoids enhance cell proliferation, maturation, and turnover, speed up exfoliation and promote healthy skin growth. Retinols are a weaker form that can be bought without a prescription. Both retinoids and retinol can help your skin look younger by improving skin’s texture and firmness.
Avoid Sun Exposure
- Over-exposure to the sun causes the skin to undergo aging. Wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, and other signs of aging begin to appear due to sun damage. For this reason, dermatologists emphasize the importance of wearing sunscreen.
A sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 should be essential to your anti-aging skincare routine. Apply sunscreen on areas of your body that will be exposed to direct sunlight. Re-apply every 2 hours if you are staying out for an extended time.
Wear Sun Protective Clothing
- Stay in the shade wherever possible. Wear protective clothing such as long sleeves, long pants, and broad-brimmed hats to prevent prolonged sun exposure. Use a self-tanner if you are looking for a sun-bathed look.
Visiting tanning beds is not helpful as they have the same harmful UV rays that you want to avoid. In addition, try wearing sunglasses as they protect the delicate skin of your eyes from the sun. Sunglasses will also help you avoid wrinkles formed by squinting.
Consider Anti-Aging Treatments
- Advancement in the world of cosmetics has provided us with a way to fight signs of aging in the form of microneedling. Microneedling is a non-surgical skin rejuvenation procedure that involves using a device to create microscopic punctures in the skin. This is done by inserting very fine, short needles into the skin. These micro-injuries stimulate the body’s healing ability and immune system’s response to produce new collagen.
This collagen protein repairs the damaged skin from the inside out. Microneedling is an intervention that stimulates collagen synthesis to make your skin look younger. Visible improvement in the skin texture can be seen after the first session. The treatment takes about 45 minutes, but the skin rejuvenates over time.
Achieve younger-looking skin with a minimally invasive Microneedling Procedure. To schedule your micro-needling appointment, call us at 949 916 7166. Alladerm offers all sorts of cosmetic procedures in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.