Here is a list of 7 valuable tips to make your dermal fillers last longer
From minimizing your exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiations, a well-balanced lifestyle, to practicing a proper skincare regimen, there are several techniques to prolong the effects of your dermal fillers. Here are some tips to extend the results of your treatment.
Protect Your Skin From UV Rays
- Overexposure to UV rays is among the most common causes of skin damage. Strong UV rays are sufficient to burn sensitive facial skin. The delicate areas of skin are prone to sunburn even with sunblock. It is therefore advisable to limit your exposure to the sun especially when the sun is at its peak.
Use broad-spectrum sunblocks with higher SPF and wide-brimmed hats to protect your face from direct UV radiations. Constant protection against the sun can allow you to maintain the results of any skincare treatment including dermal fillers.
- Stress can trigger the process of aging and worsen the signs of aging including wrinkles and fine lines. Stress being a part of daily life may be difficult to avoid however minimizing your levels of stress can have plenty of positive effects on the skin and body.
For extending the results of your treatment it is crucial to reduce the stress-inducers. Incorporating stress-relieving techniques such as meditation and exercise in your routine can also help.
Avoid Low-Quality OTC Products
Many of the OTC and cheap skincare products have harmful ingredients. These ingredients can seriously affect your skin and overall health. They may cause irritation and trigger allergic reactions. The harmful ingredients in OTC skincare products include:
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES)
- Antibacterial substances such as formaldehyde
- Conditioning agents such as propylene glycol
- Another important tip for maintaining healthy and moisturized skin is to drink plenty of water. A well moisturized and properly hydrated skin can help extend the benefits of Botox and other dermal fillers.
Make sure you are properly hydrated at all times to enhance the effects of hyaluronic acid fillers. Hydration also helps to eliminate toxins out of the body thereby keeping your skin clear and fresh.
Quit Drinking And Smoking
- Most people are already aware of the effects of smoking on the lungs, but what you may not know is that smoking harms your skin as well. Nicotine narrows down the blood vessels thereby reducing the moisture and blood supply to the skin. This may lead to premature aging and the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and more.
Just like caffeine, alcohol also dehydrates the body and the skin. In addition, alcohol makes the blood thin thereby resulting in bruises and bleeding after treatment.
Improve Your Dietary Intake
- The sugar content of highly processed foods binds with collagen and elastin and interferes with their ability to keep the skin young and hydrated. The key to healthy skin and body is a wholesome, well-balanced diet abundant in fresh fruits and vegetables.
Include antioxidant-rich foods in your diet including berries, red grapes, peaches, cabbage, and more. Limit the intake of processed foods and drinks such as fried food, bakery items. Watch your caffeine and dairy intake and use salt-free spices to flavor your food.
Follow Post-Treatment Instructions
- It is crucial to follow any post-treatment instructions given by your health care provider. This may include instructions about future appointments or follow-up treatment. The procedure will more likely be effective if you adhere to instructions and recommendations regarding your treatment.
If you want to learn more about the non-invasive dermal fillers that visibly reduce the signs of aging, call us at 949-916-7166. We offer multiple cosmetic procedures such as dermal fillers, kybella, Laser Hair Removal, laser genesis, micro-needling, and PDO thread lift at discounted rates. We provide services in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.