Dermatologists in Aliso Viejo talk about different types of chemical peels and acids
Our skin is continuously exposed to environmental factors that lead to the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, or poor texture making us appear older. Chemical peels are one of the best options to help reverse these changes and make your skin look youthful.
Types Of Acids Used In Chemical Peels
- When researching a chemical solution for your skin, make sure you know as much as you can. Because skincare cannot be taken lightly. It is, therefore, important to learn about the type of acids chemical peels they contain.
This will help you choose the right type of chemical peel for your skin. Here is a quick guide to different types of chemical peels based on the acids they contain.
Glycolic Acid Peel
- Our skin needs a deep chemical peel from time to time. Out of all the available chemical peels, glycolic acid-based peel penetrates deepest into the skin. Glycolic acid has a small molecular structure which is why it is capable of penetrating deeper into the layers of skin. This helps bring the youthful glow back to aging skin.
Glycolic acid is the best chemical peel for exfoliation and removal of dead skin cells. These chemical peels come in varying intensities and affect your skin differently based on the strength of the acid used in the peel.
Lactic Acid Peel
- Some of the chemicals in the regular peels may be irritating to sensitive skin. For such skin, a light chemical peel such as lactic acid peel may be the best. Lactic acid peel utilizes lactic acid from the milk to gently exfoliate your sensitive skin. It also moisturizes and soothes the skin.
Salicylic Acid Peel
- Beta chemical peel or salicylic acid peel is best for acne-prone skin. If you are dealing with a bunch of annoying and embarrassing acne-related problems, a beta peel is a solution you may be looking for.
The beta peel contains salicylic acid that has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is great for fighting acne and reducing oil on the skin. It takes care of acne-causing bacteria to give you the clear and glowing skin that you dream of.
Retinol Acid Peel
- Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A which is popularly used in skin care products for encouraging the growth of skin cells. The molecular size of retinol is small enough to penetrate deep into the layers of the skin thus stimulating the production of new skin cells.
It efficiently cleans your pores and reduces the chances of acne by deep cleansing the skin. Retinol peel is ideal for those looking for fresh, hydrated, and rejuvenated skin. It is also good for reducing other skin concerns including fine lines, wrinkles, and acne.
Mandelic Acid Peel
In the world of skincare, mandelic acid is a go-to anti-aging solution. It works in the following ways to improve complexion and reduce the signs of aging:
- Speeds up cell turnover by dissolving tiny bonds that hold the skin cells together.
- Removes the dead skin cell on the surface of the skin.
- Brightens the dull complexion and reduces the fine lines.
- Improves collagen production that helps restore the youthful firmness of the skin.
Mandelic acid works on the outer layer of the skin called the stratum corneum. The sloughing off of dead skin cells from the stratum corneum causes the skin to look smoother and more youthful.
At Alladerm, your chemical peel is customized to ensure you get the most benefits from treatment. Book your appointments at 949-916-7166 to consult with a reliable esthetician to determine the best type of peel for your skin. We are located in Aliso Viejo, CA.