Table of Contents
Read below the 5 incredible benefits of vitamin b12 and how it supports your body
Also known as cobalamin, Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin required by the body to carry out its normal functions. Vitamin B12 supports the body in several ways from boosting energy and metabolism, to improving red blood cell formation and memory. We have listed some remarkable ways in which vitamin B12 can benefit your body.
Increases Red Blood Cell Synthesis
- Vitamin B12 plays a critical role in the body when it comes to the formation of red blood cells. Low levels of vitamin B12 in the body cause a reduction in red blood cell formation ultimately leading to a condition known as anemia. When there are not enough red blood cells in the body to transport oxygen to tissues and vital organs you will experience fatigue, weakness, and dizziness.
Vitamin B12 can boost energy by stimulating red blood cell synthesis. Vitamin B12 injection can help restore the normal levels of the vitamin in the body thereby promoting normal health and wellbeing.
Enhances Metabolism And Weight Loss
- Vitamin B12 supports normal metabolism by converting food into sugar and substances that act as fuel to keep the body running smoothly. Because of its ability to boost metabolism vitamin B12 can also promote weight loss. A faster and more balanced metabolism plays a critical role in weight loss.
Vitamin B12 deficiency slows down the metabolism which makes it harder for the body to burn up extra calories. If you are deficient in vitamin B12, a B12 boost will significantly reduce the deficiency by replenishing the normal levels of this vitamin in the body.
Promotes Healthy Hair, Nails, and Skin
- Vitamin B12 is needed by the body for the production of new cells and tissues. When the body is deficient in vitamin B12, cells do not get enough of the vitamin and may become deformed and unstable.
This affects skin, hair, and nails since these are the areas where rapid cell generation occurs. Over time B12 deficiency becomes apparent in the form of certain symptoms.
- The symptoms include hyperpigmentation, nail discoloration, inflammation, and a condition that causes lesions to form on the corners of the mouth. For keeping your hair, skin, and nails healthy it is imperative to have your vitamin B12 levels restored.
If you are facing any of these dermatologic symptoms, getting your vitamin levels checked and opting for a B12 shot can help you a great deal in alleviating the symptoms.
Supports Healthy Bones
- Individuals with vitamin B12 deficiency are at risk of bone diseases such as osteoporosis. This is because subnormal levels of vitamin B12 result in low bone density. Lower the bone minerals weaker the bones and higher is the risk of fractures. Studies have shown a strong link between vitamin B12 and the strength of bone tissues.
A vitamin B12 injection will prevent the loss of bone density and the risk of bone diseases by strengthening the bones. You should consider having a vitamin B12 injection especially if you have a family history of osteoporosis.
- Vitamin B12 affects mood by stimulating the release of chemicals and hormones. These hormones greatly affect how you feel. Vitamin B12 ensures your neurons are working properly to improve your mood and emotional balance. Vitamin B12 is linked to the production of serotonin.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that modulates mood, cognition, and emotions. Deficiency of vitamin B12 will result in the underproduction of serotonin which negatively affects your mood and can lead to depression and anxiety.
Vitamin B12 regulates several processes of the body so make sure you have enough of this vitamin by giving it a boost with our Vitamin B12 injection. It can benefit your body in a multitude of ways. However, before getting an injection schedule a consultation with our expert practitioners at Alladerm. To book your appointment, call us at 949-916-7166. We offer services in Aliso Viejo, CA, and nearby areas.